Training Day
Spider man 1 and 2
Live Free or Die Hard
Terminator Salvation

with many more to come ...

pennypritty1

Reaction score
SHHHHHhhhhhhh.

It's a secret. I dont want the idea stolen before release.

Anyway, its not really a site. It functions as a webserver on your computer.
Keep all your movies on your computer, and you can access them through your own network at home. The program functions as a simple media management app (like iTunes) but provides a web interface to access these files on wifi-enabled devices that can play mp4 files.

Initially I started it for iPhone/iPod Touch a year or 2 ago, but put it on hold due to time constraints. Since I started the trailer thread, I received quite a few questions in regards of something similar so I started working on it again.

Can a hacker tap into your connection? Sorry if it's a stupid question, but remember I know nuthin'... wanna learn. :)

D

dvdcatalyst

Can a hacker tap into your connection? Sorry if it's a stupid question, but remember I know nuthin'... wanna learn. :)

There is a basic password system that can be enabled to not have everyone be able to watch your movies, but I'm no security expert, so I'm sure someone would be able to bypass that, but other than that, there is no way someone whould be able to get access to anything else but the videos you added to the program.

Unlike any other web server / streaming application, I did not want people to have their movies to a web folder. All the web-servers, such as Apache and IIS provide access to a webroot folder, where all the files are located or in subfolders there-of.
I have a 1TB external drive containing my (iPod Touch-) movies and TV shows. I dont want to put those all on my computer, so I figured rather than to work from a folder, I have the websefver redirect requests to the actual video content.

In all simplicity, imagine the program just providing "Shortcuts" to the files.
You click on one of those short-cuts, and the program looks to see where it goes, and then sends out the video content from the file.
It ONLY looks at shortcuts, and nothing else.
As an added benefit, you can have movies in 100's of different locations, and regardless of their location, they are sorted alphabetically, searchable etc. If someone would modify the shortcut to point to a different file, it just would not find it in the program, and thus the program ignores it.

pennypritty1

Reaction score
Yeah it sucks to have to do that. But I have yet to find a "decent" file sharing site that doesn't require a paying account. Also with good download and upload speeds.

Penny - Follow me on twitter an you can request any links.

BTW, anyone asking for Avatar or New Moon...not releasing them for awhile.

I'm following you. I'm pennypritty1. and that was me that asked for Avatar. I can wait. :) it's worth it.

Since the thread was deleted here's my current list of what's on my Droid:

No movies, all tv shows/soaps, etc. I do want to put 2012, Avatar and Star Trek on my droid. I was hoping to get them from JTAC, but too late *sigh*:

(These are my British show fav's--mostly because they have David Tennant, Billie Piper or Freema Agyeman or someone from Doctor Who. I absolutely love David Tennant)

Doctor Who - Series 4 (I rotate the series on my Droid. I always have Doctor Who on my Droid in one way or another)
Never Mind the Buzzcocks - 1 show (David guest hosts)
Blackpool - David stars in--good movie too, very different
Chatterly Affair - only a clip of David's portion - movie was boring otherwise
Nan's Christmas Carol - (Catherine Tate is hilarious and this has David in it)
Law & Order UK - actually a good show with Freema; definitely a Brit version of L&O
Chatty Man - 1 show - Alan Carr is hilarious and he has David as a guest on here (see a pattern here? lol)
Secret Diary of a Call Girl - not interested in nekkid females as I am one but the show is funny and Billie was part of Doctor Who... I like Billie; she's okay
Gavin & Stacey - just got into this show.
Are You Being Served - Brits are hilarious

Stargate Atlantis - just getting into this show
Eureka - such a brilliant show; love it!
Leverage - I'm getting bored with this show now, tho. Taking the ep off soon.
The Nanny - yea, I like the Nanny. Apparently admitting this is a faux pas
The Big Bang Theory - I mean, who DOESN'T like this movie. I have all episodes... and I rewatch them often.
Young and the Restless - I do like my soaps
Bold and Beautiful - I mostly like the clothes on this show. The characters are sick with their intermingling storylines but what can you do...

As you can see there aren't too many American shows that have my attention. I absolutely need that 32gb to come out. *grin*

pennypritty1

Reaction score
...In all simplicity, imagine the program just providing "Shortcuts" to the files.
You click on one of those short-cuts, and the program looks to see where it goes, and then sends out the video content from the file.
It ONLY looks at shortcuts, and nothing else.
As an added benefit, you can have movies in 100's of different locations, and regardless of their location, they are sorted alphabetically, searchable etc. If someone would modify the shortcut to point to a different file, it just would not find it in the program, and thus the program ignores it.

OMG, that sounds amazing! I'd love to try this. I just added my list of shows and commented that I need more room for what I have. :)

dub8420

Reaction score
so I went to dvd catalyst and saw it costs or maybe I was on the wrong thing. is there a simple free way for me to put movies on the droid?

D

dvdcatalyst

so I went to dvd catalyst and saw it costs or maybe I was on the wrong thing. is there a simple free way for me to put movies on the droid?

There is DVD Catalyst Free (which now includes a Droid profile) or you could use Handbrake. For Handbrake info, do a search on these forums (top right) for "Handbrake"

Flomaster

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
DvdCat is $10 well worth its price in gold I might add.

-=Jason=-

PatrickJ

Reaction score
Can DvD Catalyst rip Blu-Ray movies & how long will a movie take??

entcee

Reaction score
Any way to split the movies into 2 parts so they will be under 1GB?

D

dvdcatalyst

Can DvD Catalyst rip Blu-Ray movies & how long will a movie take??

No bluray support, DVDs and (unprotected) video files (including bluray rips) do work

For DVDs you can enable "split in parts of x scenes" and change the X to half of the scene count. For video files I will add something to the next update :)

entcee

Reaction score

For DVDs you can enable "split in parts of x scenes" and change the X to half of the scene count. For video files I will add something to the next update :)
I was thinking more along the lines of this: GSplit - File Splitter - Split Any File

Where the person that does the downloading can then re-join the 2 parts. This software will even make it so the user does not need any software to re-join the files.

Last edited: