dudemansir

Reaction score
Trying to find out what lock screen clock this is

ss-480-2-7

OP
D

dudemansir

Reaction score
ahh yes. very sweet clock widget with a little helvetica thin chucked in. though widgetlocker must be used. does widgetlocker devour battery? there are always a few comments references that it does.

TheSwaggeR

Reaction score
I've used Widgetlocker for the longest time and debunked the theory that it consumes more battery power than most think. I've tested it more than once and have not even noticed a change between stock lockscreen with Widgetlocker uninstalled V.S. enabling Widgetlocker.

What a lot of people fail to do, when noticing their battery being drained more than usual, is eliminating each app till you find the culprit. Some people don't realize that when you download an app and then use it, it is using normal settings. So they fail to go through the settings and see if maybe an app is polling for weather, for facebook or twitter messages, for anything. When apps are polling for a hour or less, then you'll notice more strain on your battery. I particurlary like apps that allow an option to poll when YOU want it to. Like shake it and it polls for something. Or slide out the keyboard. Or screen on poll, etc. There are apps that leave GPS on or use Wifi. There are apps that are constantly straining the data usage. Who knows.

So, you should always go through every app's settings and see what it is all set on and make adjustments. You'll notice a big difference when you control how much activity you allow your apps to do.

I personally like an app called Green Power Premium. It has Wifi, 3G, 1X, Daytime and Nighttime controls. What it does is it regulates what goes on during screen on and what goes on during screen off. It cuts off 3G and some Data, while leaving phone calls alone. So, any app, any text, anything trying to strain battery power will be disabled until screen on. It does wonders.

Last edited:

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Green power is nice. I used to use it. Maybe I'll try again. I'm tired of the battery Apps. I never see much difference and it tends to be more annoying and disruptive than helpful. I'm always down to give it another go tho

CM74D2

TheSwaggeR

Reaction score
I personally think Green Power makes a big difference. I tested it and noticed it gave me an extra 3 to 6 hours of battery life depending on how much I was using my phone. I hear a lot about Juice Defender but don't like the idea of what people say is a massive settings on it. Green Power is simple and cuts right down to the chase of what you're trying to do for your battery.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Right on. The problem with jd was the delay in reconnecting data every time I turned on my phone. I know you can change that, but the only time I got really noticable savings was when I allowed it to really jack up my d2. I'm giving green power another shot as we speak

CM74D2