What causes the "M" to get stuck??????

DroidX101

Reaction score
Title says it all, what caues the "M" to get stuck when you reboot? Since the new update, my phone is slower, and i just did like 20+ batter pulls and then it booted up. Not cool!

dxuser

Reaction score
I don't know but this issue seems to have fallen by the wayside. I called Verizon last night and will be getting a new phone tomorrow because of the M issue.

OP
D

DroidX101

Reaction score
I don't know but this issue seems to have fallen by the wayside. I called Verizon last night and will be getting a new phone tomorrow because of the M issue.

so did you call like the *611 or did you just call the store where you bought it? I bought mine in LA, and now I'm in PA. Just wonder what would be the best. I had a DOA on the first X I got, and when I took it up to the store, they just wanted to do a factory reset, and didn't really want to get me a new one.

dxuser

Reaction score
I called Verizon CS. Also, it won't be a new one. It will be a refurb. Who knows what I'll end up with.

OP
D

DroidX101

Reaction score
I hear ya, I'm going to try to flash the sbf file for 2.1 again, and see if that works.....haha probably not. Well good luck to ya, hope it works.

Just got of the phone with CS, and he said just what I thought. Do a factory reset, and then if they can recreat the issue, then they will issue me a replacement. I told him that I will just take it to verizon tomorrow. I wonder if I take them with it being rooted and themed, it they will give me crap and say that's what did it, cause in reality, that's probably what did it.

Johnnysyeah

Reaction score
Oh God it's happening to me too. I've been at the M screen for nearly 20 minutes.
Anyone know why this happens?

OP
D

DroidX101

Reaction score
Don't flash the sbf file!!!!!!!! I just screwed up. Now i'm stuck on the bootloader screen. Service Req'd!!!!! OOOOOps,

dieselpowered

Reaction score
Do not try to go back to 2.1 after the OTA update to 2.2!!!!!!!

What 'M' screen though are you all talking about?

**edit, ohh the Motorola logo screen...got it.**

Johnhimm

Reaction score
M screen of death

Oh God it's happening to me too. I've been at the M screen for nearly 20 minutes.
Anyone know why this happens?

I have gotten the M screen of death now 2 times. I did a factory reset and took off Launcher Pro. I will see if it happens again. I have never rooted the phone and on the initial boot after 2.2 installed was the first M screen of death, requiring a battery pull.

Johnnysyeah

Reaction score
Ughhh it got stuck on the M screen for me for 2 hours today.
I did over 50 battery pulls with no luck.
I think I will go to my local verizon store and *****.
Maybe get a replacement Droid X.

** With 2.1, of course. 2.2 is the reason why this is happening! **