what cases are you using?

OP
C

cris

Reaction score
seems like outerbox is the way to go. ill invest in one on next pay check.

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
Cool. 9 bucks for the Matte and 6 bucks for the Gloss. Might check one of them out for a replacement for my Ottorbox from time to time. So you prefer gloss?

Yes. First one I bought for my Bionic was matte. Looks good but i didn't like the feel in hand. It just feels slick. The gloss you can get a good grip on.

Tap'd from my Maxx

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Cool. 9 bucks for the Matte and 6 bucks for the Gloss. Might check one of them out for a replacement for my Ottorbox from time to time. So you prefer gloss?

Yes. First one I bought for my Bionic was matte. Looks good but i didn't like the feel in hand. It just feels slick. The gloss you can get a good grip on.

And on the flip side, I definitely prefer the matte. I love the feel and look of it. I've never cared for glossy TPU cases. I can't quite pinpoint exactly what it is, but there's just something about them that I don't like. I think part of it is that I've never cared for TPU cases in general, and the glossy Diztronic cases definitely look and feel like most TPU cases (although of higher quality). But the matte case doesn't feel or look like a typical TPU case, and for some reason, that makes it feel like it's a higher quality case to me. Entirely personal preference though. Both versions are better quality than any other TPU case I've used or seen.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P

And on the flip side, I definitely prefer the matte. I love the feel and look of it. I've never cared for glossy TPU cases. I can't quite pinpoint exactly what it is, but there's just something about them that I don't like. I think part of it is that I've never cared for TPU cases in general, and the glossy Diztronic cases definitely look and feel like most TPU cases (although of higher quality). But the matte case doesn't feel or look like a typical TPU case, and for some reason, that makes it feel like it's a higher quality case to me. Entirely personal preference though. Both versions are better quality than any other TPU case I've used or seen.

Tap'd from my Maxx

Well you know what I am going to take both of your advises and get both. 15 bucks for two cases plus free shipping on Amazon Prime I think I can swing that. Finally ordering a micro HDMI cable too.

redman50

Reaction score
I don't think there is any need for the otterbox defender series. Regular otterbox works just as well and is $10 cheaper

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
I don't think there is any need for the otterbox defender series. Regular otterbox works just as well and is $10 cheaper

Well, it depends entirely on the situations in which a person uses the phone. There several different jobs and activities where I can see the Defender being the type of case that really is needed. For me in my day to day use, it's extreme overkill. Even the Commuter is more than I need, and is more than I'm willing to live with in terms of added bulk. But I can definitely see the usefulness in both for different situations and different people.

heavyvino

Reaction score
I do building and plant maintenance, climbing ladders, crawling under things to fix something. Doing that you better have a good case or money to replace your phone. The defender by Otter box has protected my phone from several falls/drops the largest being just over 8 feet, onto asphalt, landed on a corner, I just knew my beloved razr was dead. No damage to phone works just like it should. Highly recommend the defender well worth the money if you work in an environment that is hard on phones.

PrymalDark

Reaction score
I only remove the Otterbox Defender from my Maxx to give it a quick polishing with the scratch-free cloth i keep between the rubber and plastic shells. I also have one of those '3 pack' screen protectors on, and the Defender's screen protector is still in place as well. However, this Maxx was not be subsidized, so I am rather enamored of it. A doorknob caught the device and pulled it out of the holster within days of receiving it, ~3 foot fall to concrete floor and nary a scratch to show for it. I have not worried about it breaking since.

I also now have a Razr 'Minn', haha, that I was going to give my brother, until I found out he does not subscribe to RED. I have several cases for it, though no specifics about any of them, just assorted slim polymer slip on types. I have been a little surprised at how much smaller the Razr is when not enshrouded with the Defender, not enough to take it off the Maxx however. :biggrin:

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I'm using one of the TPU cases sold at VZW corporate, in pink. I have no need for the ultimate protection, since I just stand around all day selling phones, lol. I'd really like to get a purple TPU case though, but I don't want it to be the soft crappy case, I want it to be more of a molded plastic like I currently have. I'm disappointed in the lack of case options for the Maxx :(

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
The matte are not very tacky. Actually a little on the slick side. But the gloss finish are great. Tacky enough to get a good grip on. But still goes in and out of the pocket easily. Does not attract lint and dust at all.

Tap'd from my Maxx

Well I got them both in today and tried them both out, and have to say I am impressed either way. I can see what you mean about the matte being a little slick, but I love the no fingerprints. I like the feel of the gloss better, but the finger prints I am not a fan of (why I use the Ultra Fine matte Steinheil screen protector).

I have the gloss on for now, but will probably go back and forth and even still use my Ottorbox. I like how the Ottorbox make my power and volume up and down keys easier to press with the raised buttons. Only draw back of these is the buttons are kind of inset into the case a bit, but not too bad at all.

bullswife98

Reaction score
Casemate here. One in pink and one in black. The black one has a stand that I can use in landscape or in portrait.

TAG YOUR IT! DROID RAZR using Droid Forums :)

Caesars

Reaction score
I use the tpu / otterbox combo also, awesome so far.

Googorola MAXX

Caesars

Reaction score
Edit: Are the "hyperion" cases just a sub brand of diztronic? Or are they Similar product?

Googorola MAXX