What car accessories to get

ncyrider16

Reaction score
I want to get a bluetooth to play music from my droid through my car stereo. My car has a Alpine CDA-105 deck that supports bluetooth. Im not looking to get anything really expensive..I just want something that plays music clearly in my car. Where is the best place to look for this, and what are some good bluetooth kits that fit my description?

Also I am looking to get a mount for my droid so it's attached to the dashboard somehow. My droid has a case i got at the verizon store, so where can i find a mount that will work for this?
Thanks

J-Jeezy

Reaction score
the verizon store barely started selling a case that a holster and acts as a window/dash mount for your car. As far as the stereo goes, if it has bluetooth built in then just connect in to the droid and turn on the droid audio over bluetooth function and you should be set! :)

leonsb3

Reaction score
where did you see this? i looked online, and didnt see anything like this. i have been looking for the combo case/holster that snaps into the window mount as well (without taking the case apart). they took it out of circulation awhile ago and its no where to be found.

the verizon store barely started selling a case that a holster and acts as a window/dash mount for your car. As far as the stereo goes, if it has bluetooth built in then just connect in to the droid and turn on the droid audio over bluetooth function and you should be set! :)

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
My car has a Alpine CDA-105 deck that supports bluetooth.
If it has Bluetooth you don't need anything. Though, on second thought, is it one of those Alpine units that "supports bluetooth with the optional bluetooth module"? In which case, you'll need that.

My droid has a case i got at the verizon store, so where can i find a mount that will work for this?
You'll need to use one of those generic adjustable device mounts. Unless you're willing to switch to a case & mount designed to work with each other.

dhinged

Reaction score
I want to get a bluetooth to play music from my droid through my car stereo. My car has a Alpine CDA-105 deck that supports bluetooth. Im not looking to get anything really expensive..I just want something that plays music clearly in my car. Where is the best place to look for this, and what are some good bluetooth kits that fit my description?

Also I am looking to get a mount for my droid so it's attached to the dashboard somehow. My droid has a case i got at the verizon store, so where can i find a mount that will work for this?
Thanks

Frankly I wouldn't use bluetooth to transmit music from your Droid to the car stereo unless it doesn't have an auxiliary jack that you can just wire to the Droid's headphone jack. If you use the auxiliary jack however, there are bluetooth remotes that you can attach to your steering wheel to control the music from the Droid. Check Amazon. I haven't tried these though and the Droid's stock music player is a little funky with bluetooth control, but I'm sure you can figure something out with the right app.

Motorola's own window mount is great for driving, but it won't fit a case. Frankly I don't use a case often as it tends to not fit in anything else and prevents the Droid from cooling off as fast as it could. I only use a case with a slip-in belt clip if I'm someplace I really don't want to lose the Droid, such as hiking or in another state.

leftbrain99

Reaction score
I have the Alpine iDa-x100 deck with the Alpine bt400 bluetooth adapter. Streams bluetooth audio beautifully from my Droid. Not the cheapest bluetooth car audio option, but I found a used bt400 locally on craigslist for $80. So, I have bluetooth capability, a dedicated iPod full speed cable interface and an available USB port on the back of the head unit for mass storage media or another option for a better-quality iPod/iPhone interface since, unlike the dedicated full-speed iPod interface, this bypasses the iPods crappy D/A converters and uses Alpine's excellent Burr-Brown D/A's.