1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

What can I do now? think I Messed up myself

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by war371, Apr 25, 2010.

1. war371

war371 New Member

I am currently doing the rooting and everything on my droid. I have stock 2.1 and ese85. I currently on see the M logo. Did I really mess up myself and currently what else can I do
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2010
  2. Abe21599

Abe21599 Super Moderator

gotta give some more details. what process did you use to root? what backup system? any rom thats deodexed?
  3. war371

war371 New Member

I used sprecovery and as I said the only thing I see is an m and nothing else
  4. jroc

jroc Well-Known Member

We stiil gonna need a lil more info. :)

Exactly what did you do to try to root your phone? (i'm gonna assume u used RSD Lite to flash SP recovery) And do you remember what happened up until u got to the M logo? I hope that if u did have SP Recovery on, the very first thing you did was make a backup. Even if u didnt, u should still be ok.

Just need a lil more info.....
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2010
  5. war371

war371 New Member

used rsdlite yes I mounted the sdcard and at time I believe my kid grabbed my phone and was pounding buttons and stuff so I dunno what all was done
  6. INSANENEIVIESIS

INSANENEIVIESIS New Member Developer

well it says to not unplug your phone in the tutorial. now even if it was not unplugged pressing buttons could cause a problem. if you have a back up you could try going back to that. if you dont i would say flash to 2.0.1 then root its easier then this new way. you will still have to use rsd but there is less chance for error in merging the files in to the roots update.zip. this time watch you child, as a precaution when i flashed my dads phone i didnt even come close to it(not taking any chances) this is a serious program and i could do some serious damage to your phone if used up properly.

also due to the lack of info provided i dont know if you were trying to root or install a ROM but if it was a ROM try installing a new one. (this is only if you rooted successfully and were trying to install a ROM)
  7. war371

war371 New Member

my kid actually unplugged the phone while i was fixing to put a rom on it. actually i was running a backup and she unplugged it b/c she thought i forgot it
  8. jroc

jroc Well-Known Member

Do you have any ROMs on the sdcard? If u can still boot into SP recovery u should be good to go. (hold down x on the physical keyboard while powering on the phone.) Try that and see if u can install a ROM from the sdcard. And do some wipes before you try to install a ROM: data/factory reset and cache partition.
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2010