what can i do about these damn fingerprints!

bassjason

Reaction score
I use a microfiber cloth I got with an eyeglasses cleaning kit, works like a charm!

V

verian

Or instead of spending hard earned cash on protectors you could always dip your fingers in a harsh acidic solution and chemical burn your finger prints off.

I do not advise this It was just a funny thought that ran threw my head when I read the threat's title.

Icculus760

Reaction score
If you wanna go the screen protector route I’ve heard the Steinhill Anti-Fingerprint works very well.

I used that - works GREAT for never having to wipe the screen, but it's not a clear protector so the screen isn't 100% like it looks naked.

Another_Dude

Reaction score
The other thing to think about is installing an app like "mylock".

I used to turn off my screen, wipe off all the nasty, then when I'd turn my screen back on I'd have to slide the lock and there's a smudge right off the bat.

With mylock you turn on your screen and don't have to swipe the lock.

For smudges, I find that the front of an Under Armour tee or polo shirt works pretty good.

jimnutt

Reaction score
A micro suede pouch works well, especially if you kind of press the pouch against the screen when putting the droid into it or taking it out. Helps wipe the screen each time.

Ghostwheel

Reaction score
I always make sure to use the moist towelette when I'm done with my fried chicken. KFC provides them for a reason, people! :icon_ devil:

OP
chris420o

chris420o

Reaction score
If you wanna go the screen protector route I’ve heard the Steinhill Anti-Fingerprint works very well.

I used that - works GREAT for never having to wipe the screen, but it's not a clear protector so the screen isn't 100% like it looks naked.

Yeah I was gonna ask...the iphone 3gs...dare I speak blasphemy...I heard has a film on the screen that coats it from fingerprints n skins natural greece(I'ma guinne I can't get away from it)....is it notacible the screen protecter that bad? And how's the responsiveness/feel?...anyone else heard of dif screen protectors that help against fingerprints n such

Last edited:

Shelooga

Reaction score
dishwasher is a good alternative to get your phone real clean

hahahaha
disco stu doesnt advertise

ive got this problem too. i think its because i button mash all day and when i leave work and go out into the sun i have my brightness turned down to save battery. i turn it up and presto! no more paw prints obstructing my view

DiscoStu65

Reaction score
dishwasher is a good alternative to get your phone real clean

hahahaha
disco stu doesnt advertise

ive got this problem too. i think its because i button mash all day and when i leave work and go out into the sun i have my brightness turned down to save battery. i turn it up and presto! no more paw prints obstructing my view

haha! DiscoStu wants you to feel comfortable while he does his thing

rjax

Reaction score

Yeah I was gonna ask...the iphone 3gs...dare I speak blasphemy...I heard has a film on the screen that coats it from fingerprints n skins natural greece(I'ma guinne I can't get away from it)....is it notacible the screen protecter that bad? And how's the responsiveness/feel?...anyone else heard of dif screen protectors that help against fingerprints n such

It took about a week to get used to the different screen appearance, but now I can't imagine my Droid without the Steinheil AF Screen protector. My finger never gets stuck on the screen (even if wet), and the matte finish is nice to the touch and really cuts down on glare. Plus, no fingerprints.