What browser allows you to save movies to sd card?

b15nut

Reaction score
Like the title says. I have tired Skyfire, Stock, Dolphin but none do what I want. I want to be able to go to a site and click on the download movie link and be presented with the option to save it to a folder on my sd card. This was always built into the Blackberry browsers so its surprising me how hard this is on the droid. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
What kind of movies? Flash movies or do you mean links to movies?

Opera Mini is a quirky browser that does well with downloads where others fail (because it handles redirects properly). It also handles uploads.

If you mean you want to download flash movies, there's probably an app in the market. I remember one called youtube downloader or something. Another way for flash movies is to use a website like KeepVid: Download and save any video from Youtube, Dailymotion, Metacafe, iFilm and more!

OP
B

b15nut

Reaction score
What kind of movies? Flash movies or do you mean links to movies?

Opera Mini is a quirky browser that does well with downloads where others fail (because it handles redirects properly). It also handles uploads.

If you mean you want to download flash movies, there's probably an app in the market. I remember one called youtube downloader or something. Another way for flash movies is to use a website like KeepVid: Download and save any video from Youtube, Dailymotion, Metacafe, iFilm and more!

I forgot about opera. The movies are flash if played live but can be downloaded as an mp4, m4v, or 3gp which I always did and just saved to watch later. I will check out the other suggestions. Thanks

Azurikai

Reaction score
Like the title says. I have tired Skyfire, Stock, Dolphin but none do what I want. I want to be able to go to a site and click on the download movie link and be presented with the option to save it to a folder on my sd card. This was always built into the Blackberry browsers so its surprising me how hard this is on the droid. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

I've heard that you can now download flash content on Dolphin Browser HD's new update.

OP
B

b15nut

Reaction score
I've heard that you can now download flash content on Dolphin Browser HD's new update.

I just checked out the addons for Dolphin HD. You're right, there's a new addon called "Flash Downloader". Cool!

Tried that but it wants to save the player not the video. Opera is working but its not a great option as it automatically loads mobile versions of some sites instead of the web version. It will do for now. Thanks again.

dssdevl

Reaction score
I may not understand what you're trying to do, but when I want to download a file that is linked to directly, I just long press on the link and select Save Link. It saves to the download folder and I move it wherever I want it with Astro.

chr1sny

Reaction score
This is a good question. I think what OP wants to know is what options are available for downloading movies (while browsing) from sites like youtube, dailymotion, etc. Dolphin HD used to let you do this when you would click on youtube videos, it gave you the option to download, open with youtube app, etc.

I've used Freetube lately but it is a standalone app and isn't integrated into any browser.

Anyone know of any other good solutions?

darkmatter

Reaction score
youtube ripper

its in the market. have to read the directions though. you download by going to the Share menu, and instead of facebook or whatever, you share it with youtube ripper, and your download will start.