What bothers you the most with the incredible

Discussion in 'HTC Droid Incredible' started by sirbrit, Jun 14, 2010.

1. sirbrit

sirbrit New Member

I went from owning a few Blackberrys to the incredible. I am very impressed by the things it can do.. but I am stunned by the things it cant

1: Battery is awful. I spend a lot of time at work on a bluetooth headset. I have to recharge constantly. Bluetooth drags it down with speed. when the extended battery comes out it will be a MUST have. I hve charged as much as 3 times in a 8hr period.

2. Cant read a simple tiff file. dont understand that. Much of my info is emailed from my office, BlackBerry was fine with this.

3. The screen flashing on and off when on a bluetooth call means I practically have to fight the Phone to get a visual on some information to be able to pass it on to who I am talking with.

4. The slider. Make a call or do anything and after a min or two i have to use the slider to get into the phone again. cool at first.. not now

5. SMS, needs help. Handcent, chomp not impressed with either

now before anybody gets upset I love this phone, I just hope that these issues are fixed and quickly
  2. muffstic

muffstic New Member

1. If you're logged into Facebook for HTC, delete your account it won't let the phone sleep. If not, download spare parts and use it to figure out what is stopping your phone from sleeping. Hint: in phone-settings>about phone>battery. If uptime isn't greater than awake time ny a lot something is stopping the phone from sleeping.

3. Usually pushing the sleep button will turn the screen on or off while on a Bluetooth call.

As for the rest, you're just being picky.
  3. Rich734

Rich734 New Member

I'm with you on that topic, though I haven't used Bluetooth. Using GPS drains the battery about as fast as you suggest the Bluetooth device does.

1. Battery Life
    1. Inaccurate weather/time application.

The reason they are both top of the list should be obvious. Battery life? 'nuff said. Inacurate weather/time? I live about 30 miles from the eastern time zone. The phone usually says I'm in Hawthorne or Gainsville, over 200 miles away. And it sets the time to eastern time. That means I have to stop and mentally adjust the time in my mind, but more importantly, it resets ALL my appointments to eastern time. This makes it (nearly) completely useless as a business tool.
  4. Kmart95

Kmart95 New Member

I don't know much about the incredible and I don't use bluetooth so I can't say much about the first three complaints but the 4th comolaint I can say something about, those unlock sliders are a must with touch screen phones if they didn't have those and the unlock button was accidently pushed while say in your pocket then the phone could easily pocket dail someone or do a bunch of other things that u probably wouldn't want it to do, they aren't just there to look cool.

Sent from my Droid
  5. opengeo

opengeo New Member

speaker volume.
  6. BlueTang

BlueTang New Member

This is being picky but I hate that you can't cover the audio jack and micro USB port when you are not using them.
  7. PaulRivers

PaulRivers New Member

LOL, I love that I don't have to rip off the port covers or tedious take them on and off every time I use them, the phone already comes without them. :-D
  8. tnhockey

tnhockey New Member

battery life is a complete joke, the reception/voice quality is probably the worst out of any phone ive ever owned, and "being picky" the led notification light isnt too bright and seems to stop blinking after a while.
  9. jroc

jroc Well-Known Member

I dont have an Inc., but I think #4 helps to keep your face from pressing keys and etc. while on a call. That was/is a big problem with the Droid. The black screen doesnt work right all the time for some ppl.

The keypad/screen lock while on the phone was about the only thing I liked about my Omnia 1....I disabled it thinking I knew what I was doing....I found out I didnt...lol
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2010
  10. moopey

moopey New Member

i know this is being picky, but the one thing i wish i could change right now is the favorites contact widget. i love that you can put 9 people in it, but i wish after selecting the person you could select whether you want to phone or text them. some people will say this is an unneeded extra step, i'm just so used to doing that with my old phone.

to date i dont really have any complaints.
  11. 2010 ZR1

2010 ZR1 New Member

Maybe talk to a developer, that may be an option that you could have with root.
  12. Robo-dRoid

Robo-dRoid New Member

1.battery life
    2. no full screen caller id
  13. TexasDroid

TexasDroid New Member

This is completely do-able. :)

Step 1. Go into "people" (aka contacts)
    Step 2. Select a person.
    Step 3. Press the menu button.
    Step 4. Select "more"
    Step 5. Select "set widget action"
    Step 6. Select "view contact"

Now when you select a contact's image from your "favorites" widget, you will view their contact information and you are able to select the type of communication you wish. (text msg, call, email)

Let me know if this is what you were looking for.
  14. moopey

moopey New Member

Nice! thanks for that. that's pretty much what i was looking for. I like that after choosing text message i get a pop-up that asks if i want to use "messages" or "google voice" to text. it'd be cool if i can choose a default text option for a contact, but if not, no biggie. Thanks again.
  15. zigs16

zigs16 New Member

The fact that City ID is there and I can't get it off.

It's like the kid at the party that no one really likes but is just there. And he won't leave.
  16. zgruven

zgruven New Member

Yes this really bugs me. Why would I want to spend $1.99 to see where the person is calling from?? I wish I could remove it.
  17. zgruven

zgruven New Member

WOW thanks bro I did not know about that either..
  18. phillipsjosh2415

phillipsjosh2415 New Member

Yes, thanks for this tip. I wanted to be able to do this also and did not know it was an option. Much better now. Thanks.
  19. Leila

Leila New Member

Coming from an iPhone, I am missing taking a screen shot, something that was very simple to do on the iPhone. I also wish I could customize the LED light to blink different colors for text, emails, missed calls, etc. I don't see an option to do this. And last I can't find a way to put both my emails on the email widget so I can preview all my emails on the widget. I do love this phone though :)
  20. NYZ93

NYZ93 New Member

Try blink or missed call both apps change led color not sure which works for Inc but they work for moto droid
Search tags for this page
contact sirbrit.com
contact sirbrit.com loc:us

info sirbrit.com loc:us