What battery issues?

etx_droid

Reaction score
So I've had my Thunderbolt since Friday and I've went through the process of calibrating the battery. Yesterday I got a complete day out of it...took it off the charger at around 7:15AM and it lasted till 10:30PM and wasn't dead. This was with moderate to heavy usage throughout the day, syncing 3 emails, listening to music, etc. I don't have juicyfruity defender or any task killers installed either, just letting Android do it's thang.

Now I'm not on 4G so that may be why I'm getting a full days charge with the stock battery, but so far I'm not disappointed with the battery life. Still really enjoying this Bolt, was a worthy upgrade from my beloved OG!

daggy1985

Reaction score
Glad to hear your enjoying it. My battery life overall has been fantastic in 4G, have only had some random battery drains here and there that I've yet to find the cause. I also upgraded from my Droid 1 and the Thunderbolt just blows my Droid away, not that I don't still play with my Droid 1.

Sent from my NookColor using DroidForums

leo67

Reaction score
Now I'm not on 4G so that may be why I'm getting a full days charge with the stock battery, but so far I'm not disappointed with the battery life.

Use your phone in 4G for a day, and you'll see what the commotion is all about.
I'm primarily a light to medium user the battery will last almost 2 days throttled down to 3G

close to 12 hrs in 4G.... if I don't touch the phone
6-9 hrs with my normal day to day usage

Till it get's into a fit... gets hot and eats up the battery within 2hrs
mind you this symptom didn't appear till about 2 months later
and some folks on here mentioned that the software upgrade didn't help things,, actually made it worse
for now I just keep mine in 3G,, better batt life and doesn't do the mystery batt drain,,,,till the creators of this thing wakes up and sends out a fix (web and such does suffer a little in 3G speed)

keep us posted as your TB stacks up some mileage,, who knows maybe your batch from the same lot has the cure

also let us know how it works out using your phone in 4G

Last edited:

BigMcGuire

Reaction score
I've had my phone in 4G since release date. Only last week did I finally put it on 3G. Talk about jaw-dropping battery life extension. I can use my phone for 5 hours before it hits 80%. Just amazing. I guess turning off the 4G radio really helps. Since I can use WiFi, I will. Just amazing.

leo67

Reaction score
Guess the phone manufacturers can't produce anything (yet) to control all that LTE powah!!