What are Your First Impessions Of The Galaxy Nexus?

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
Pros: gorgeous phone, thin, lovely to hold, amazing screen, FAST at absolutely everything, 4G incredibly swift, new keyboard much better.

Cons: body is beautiful but very slick, have already dropped it three times, battery life is incredibly bad--I was expecting bad but not like this, it's really a bit shocking, and it seems terrible even with 4G (and everything else) turned off, and a surprising number of apps aren't compatible including my beloved NFL Mobile ahh! !

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

As for app compatibility, don't worry, the popular apps will get updated for ics pretty quickly now that they have a really good reason to (finally a phone that actually runs ics lol)

supercharged modified liquid 3.1 w/turbocharged 3g
Pete's 5 slot lv 1.25GHz w/ kickasskernel tweaks
19.9 linpack score
1856 quadrant score

1FZFE

Reaction score
First post - so if I make some big forum faux pas, please excuse. :)

Been doing a bit of searching and I don't see too many ppl complaining about the screen. It gives me hope that it's just my phone - cause mine's the same way. FB and Gmail look awful. Tweet caster looks washed out and grainy. Pretty much everything that's light colored. Other things like wallpapers look ok. Thinking of taking it to the store to compare... I've searched for about 15 minutes and I was hoping maybe you'd found something about it, because I sure haven't.

I posted a while back that I was having the same issues. I thought maybe it was just the amoled screen that I needed to get used to but I compared mine with a girl at work and wow is there a difference. Her phone performed much better at the lower light levels and the colors were better as well. Her display didn't have the same grainy texture to it either. We compared identical images side by side on the same brightness settings. Mine is going back to Verizon tomorrow for a replacement.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

CdzNutz

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy Note 2
I posted a while back that I was having the same issues. I thought maybe it was just the amoled screen that I needed to get used to but I compared mine with a girl at work and wow is there a difference. Her phone performed much better at the lower light levels and the colors were better as well. Her display didn't have the same grainy texture to it either. We compared identical images side by side on the same brightness settings. Mine is going back to Verizon tomorrow for a replacement.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
I was having that problem also but it was the screen protector on the Otterbox. Switched to the one my wife was using on her Gnex and now its beautiful:icon_ banana:

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
so after having the phone now for almost a week here are some things good and not so good

Love the quickness of the phone, love being able to download any app and know it will run flawlessly without crashing because the phone can't handle it!, the dev support is already cranking up, titanium backup works atleast 10 times faster than it did on my D1 which makes restores and backups all the more easy while flashing between different Roms. There are many more good things about the phone those are just some that I really like

The not so good: Reception doesn't seem to be as good as my D1 but Moto makes very good hardware, so it's to be expected I guess, vibrate is way to soft to notice, lack of ability to separate contacts into "only those with phone numbers" is not cool, Facebook contact sync issue (not phone related), not being able to separate Notification volume from Ringer volume kind of stinks, all in all nothing too bad! I am sure some custom Roms will take care of most of these issues anyway!

I love this phone though and it is more than a breath of fresh air coming from my D1. D1 was the best phone I ever owned but it was more than ready to be replaced.

alboboy10

Reaction score
Mine has been beginning to glitch

My battery has gotten worse.