What are Your First Impessions Of The Galaxy Nexus?

Discussion in 'Samsung Galaxy Nexus' started by Preach2k, Dec 15, 2011.

1. kodiak799

kodiak799 Gold Member

Ratings:
    +1,003
    I'm not seeing what you're saying. I can see texture on the pen, grain in the wood. The letters are sharp and I you can see the frayed edges of the label. I can even see the reflections in the shiny parts of the pen. Seems like a pretty good photo to me.

There was a review written-up in DroidLife or something a month ago that said this was the best of the bunch and rivaled the IPhone.

2. Liderc

Liderc Silver Member

Ratings:
    +45
    Looks like jcardona is just on a mission to flame the camera today, gotta keep that post count up. ;)

3. jcardona1

jcardona1 Senior Member

Ratings:
    +40
    LOL I'm not flaming. I'm just pointing out the obvious. I LOVE this phone. Not giving it up. But I won't let that blind me to the fact that this camera is underwhelming considering that other phones have great cameras.

4. Rzm1986

Rzm1986 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Came from a Droid razr "rental" and had Droid 1 originally. I love this nexus. ICS is very smooth. It physically feels better to hold in my opinion. I don't mind the extra weight or thickness. The razr was incredibly thin but I thought it was too wide and awkward to hold, but that's just me.

A few things I've noticed I don't necessarily like. The auto brightness is much dimmer than the razr. The camera doesn't seem to be that good but I haven't messed with it too much. The alerts and ringtones seem much quieter at full volume than previous phones I've had.

I switched to this phone because I knew there would be more development on it by 3rd parties. I don't have any 2nd thoughts about switching. Even with its substandard camera, its an awesome phone

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

5. leroybrute

leroybrute Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    I have both rezound and GNex and I was up all night playing with my new toy, well now my wifes. I agree on the camera quality, GNex doesn't compare to the rezound. I thought it was a dud but I heard a lot of people complaining about the camera. Better than my bionics camera atleast. I was complaining about the data issues and my wife said I will take it. Can't be worse than my charge she said, so she is the proud new owner.

Not bashing, but the GNex camera is overated. ICS is a nice change though. Love it!

6. alboboy10

alboboy10 Senior Member

Ratings:
    +19
    Its easily the best phone on Verizon. I wanted to throw up after trying every other phone after my nexus.

I left in on 4g all day 50% of the time no signal pretty moderate use I got home still had 30% left. Not to mention this phone is sexyyyyy.

Matter of fact its no nice my die hard apple friend said he would consider it and that its the best android he ever used. Try to get one of them to say that about the rezound and razr...lol

Nothing more to say really.

7. PhishyKris

PhishyKris Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Agreed...best on VZW right now. I am hanging on to my TBolt because its still a great phone. I am really excited to see what HTC comes out with at CES! I am still a big SENSE fan and do miss some of the widgets, etc.

8. Tuktanuk

Tuktanuk Member

Ratings:
    +5
    It all comes down to personal choice. For me; It's easily the best phone on Verizon atm. I tried all of them and just fell in love with the Nexus. It may not take pics as well as the Rezound but; To me; the phone was just largely better in too many areas to NOT walk out with it.

9. kodiak799

kodiak799 Gold Member

Ratings:
    +1,003
    I think that's a fairly debateable claim. It's the best right now seeing as it's the only 1 with ICS. If the hardware doesn't impress your friend with the RAZR or Rezound, it wouldn't with the Nexus, either. It's all ICS.

10. alboboy10

alboboy10 Senior Member

Ratings:
    +19
    No. The other two aren't as responsive for one. And also the screen is great on this. Its a combination of everything that I want.

The only complaint I have is the battery takes a long time to charge

11. SSHGuru

SSHGuru Silver Member

Ratings:
    +30
    The battery takes forever to charge and no time to discharge.

I don't know what I'm doing wrong but when using it the battery goes very quickly.

12. lazarus2297

lazarus2297 Member

Ratings:
    +5
    see i disagree with both your points.. the screen is nice but the rezound screen IMO is better, and the month I had the rezound it was very responsive