1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

what are your favorite market live wallpapers?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by tktouch12, Feb 22, 2010.

1. tktouch12

tktouch12 New Member

there are so many on the market. what are some of your favorite?
  2. altaf.wahid

altaf.wahid New Member

I've been using Starfield, it's really cool.
  3. thebowers

thebowers Premium Member Theme Developer Premium Member

starfield, led scroller
  4. Guchi

Guchi New Member

starfeild and rotearth
  5. cupfulloflol

cupfulloflol New Member

Starfield - fly through stars, swiping screens change the direction the stars move kinda. Double tap = warp speed for a few seconds

DuckHunt - (it is called something else in the market, but I believe Duck is in the title) - Basically a picture of the sky, with ducks that come from the sides of the screen that move in a straight line, in different speeds to the other side of the screen. Diagonals are possible too. You touch the screen, it shoots, you hit the duck it falls to the ground. Not really a must have, but fun to show off.

Earth view (earth rot I think it may be called) - This is probably the craziest most complex one out there, so many options. Essentially you can chose the planet, with like 4 different views of earth (with live clouds, city lights...etc), or other planets and the moon. There are static backgrounds to go behind it. Then you have tons of options on how it rotates. The planet can rotate slowly or fast, depending on how you set it. You can make it freespin so if you flick the screen the planet spins all around, you can make unlock the Y axis (up and down).....many others I am probably forgetting too. This so far is my favorite one.

Substrate - This one is a pack, and all aren't interactive as far as I can tell. But they are pretty awesome. Basically depending on the one you choose, it draws completely random patterns over the course of time filling up your screen. Each one has settings, pretty cool stuff. I have used some of these over the course of my time with the live wallpapers.

Seeds of Life looks really interesting if your mind lives in the gutter like mine does. Not really sure if I would keep it on my phone for real, but I don't see why not. I think I would crack up the entire time I would be using my phone. I haven't purchased it to try it myself...but that brings me to my question.

Sorry about derailing the thread, but I have a random question though about this. Say your *cough* friend *cough* wants to buy a live wall paper (the seeds of life one hehe). In 2.1 ROMs you can see them in market, but in 2.01 ROMs they aren't visible. So what happens if you buy one in 2.1, then revert back to 2.01? Can you use the ones from market in 2.01 ROMs? I tried backing one up and installing it as an apk, and I get an error in 2.01 "Parsing Error There is an error parsing this package".
  6. Jim 777

Jim 777 Active Member

Thanks for that. Very cool.

Is there a black background with blue smoke? I saw a screenshot here somewhere and thought it would be cool if it were a live wallpaper.
  7. tktouch12

tktouch12 New Member

thanks. those all look cool. does anyone have others?

also, i figured i'd try starfield first because everyone likes it, but there are two in the market. which is better?
  8. INFERNO

INFERNO New Member

seeds of life and rotearth
  9. Kaiken

Kaiken New Member

Live Waterpaper is pretty sweet. It either cycles through random pictures on your card or you can choose any one to stay, it then has interactive water like waves when you touch or swipe. It also has other options like using the gyro to create waves when the phone is moving. All for free.

[​IMG]
  10. cupfulloflol

cupfulloflol New Member

I assume you are talking about one of the stock ones called magic smoke. It is green by default, but it can change to a few different colors and combinations.
  11. Jim 777

Jim 777 Active Member

No, it was someone's screenshot of their set up. I think it was another but basically the same as this one:

[​IMG]

It would be cool if it were looping image of lingering smoke.
    Well hell, I guess I could just ask that person ;)
  12. slikster9012

slikster9012 New Member

where you guys getting these?
  13. Bear in NM

Bear in NM Active Member

I really like the live earth. The developer is adding stuff almost every other day. It has the orbiting moon now, which is very neat, very 3-d. Bucketload of settings as was posted.

For listening to music I like the stock vu meter/synthesizer combo. Real retro for you older farts like me.

The fireworks are fun to show folks. My wife really likes that one, and it is interactive in that you can press the screen and get a firework in the general vicinity of the press.

I found a bunch by just typing in "live" as a market search. But, you have to be running a 2.1 rom, or have modified your build.prop file so market thinks you are running a 2.1.

Craig
  14. slikster9012

slikster9012 New Member

Aahh crap I haven't did that I thoought I did but I guess it didn't work
  15. bartman

bartman New Member

live earth with Death Star...fantastic!
Search tags for this page
download vu meter live wallpaper
live wallpaper vu meter
live wallpaper vu meter motorola droid a855
market whats wallpaper