What are your dislikes about the X

rdefino

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm looking to get one, and was wondering what were your dislikes of the phones. Anything at all. I'm moving from a Blackberry storm, so I don't think I will be unhappy. :)

Thanks

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Coming from a Storm no you probably won't, I came from a Tour and I do miss the keyboard. Typing is much slower for me, but I am sure it will get better. I do miss the Poynt app on BB though, that was my favorite app they had and from what I can tell its not on Android.

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
No custom roms :( but hey ill make it til we get them

and if you dont know, thats just another hack that hasnt been unlocked

without hacking it, if I had to pick one thing, itd be battery life. but as long as u keep a handy USB cable with you, youll be fine (its not horrible, just dont expect what you had with a BB)

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Coming from a Storm no you probably won't, I came from a Tour and I do miss the keyboard. Typing is much slower for me, but I am sure it will get better. I do miss the Poynt app on BB though, that was my favorite app they had and from what I can tell its not on Android.

I just searched Poynt and found it...

plumcrazy

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
the only real possible deal breaker for me is the lack of copy and paste in emails.

BB does email so much better but the X is a much better phone and seems to do everything else better. unfortunately i do a ton of email from a few different email addresses. im going to stick with the X though. i just hate to have to work around stuff all the time

MrDizzle

Reaction score
Holy cow your mind is about to be blown! My first smartphone was the storm, I had it for almost two years when I got my Droid in march. Completely change my world with phones! I just got my X yesterday and I've fallen in love again. Trust me as an ex storm user, you will NEVER look back.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P

I just searched Poynt and found it...

Really? Awesome I search last week and didn't find it. Thanks

wmscottmc

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm looking to get one, and was wondering what were your dislikes of the phones. Anything at all. I'm moving from a Blackberry storm, so I don't think I will be unhappy. :)

Thanks

I also came from the Storm and am very happy with the DX. The only complaint that I have is having to use google calendar instead of Outlook. I havent figured out how to set different notification sounds, or blinking lights, but Im sure there is an app. No backup like with the Storm, but Ill probably purchase a backup app. And finally, I use Hotmail, and when I delete an email on the DX it doesnt get deleted from Hotmail, like it did on the BB. Not sure if this can be configured or not. I also kind of miss surepress while typing on the DX. Still not used to it. I liked being able to hover over a letter, before pressing it, less mistakes.

I dont know how you feel about the Storm, but you will love this device.

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
K9 version 3 will have copy and paste in emails. Current downloads on the K9 google code site may already make that possible, but I haven't tried.

bernardino5

Reaction score
Hey heard there working on a app that will b called copy and paste for the gmail don't know if it's in the market yet.

jtdiddy

Reaction score
Miss my led notifications on my bb (when the screen is on not just off)

Also copy and paste is subpar on the x

Other than that...i LOVE my X

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk