what are you opinions on the droid 2

tiggerxplur

Reaction score
i dont believe its an upgrade but a replacement with a locked boot loader

1. they have the droid 1 on the end of life list (http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-news/59584-motorola-droid-nearing-end-life.html)

2. droid one hasnt been out long enough to be thrown out already especially with how popular it is

3. motorola has told us they dont want thier phones to be open like the droid any more (cant find the link)

what are your opinions on it??

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
i think the cell phone industry in general is moving too fast.

as for them "locking" the phones, it's a business thing, bound to happen. However, we have talented people to work around those:)

i love my Droid, even more since i finally rooted and rom last week.

OP
tiggerxplur

tiggerxplur

Reaction score
well if you think about it the g1 was still being sold till just recently i guess last time i checked a month ago it was still there but not now but that has been out for years and i understand android is moving super fast (maybe too fast??) but a phone i sout normally out for a couple years before its gone thats another reason i think motorola is just trying to stop us even though i dont think they will

nyijedi

Reaction score
I'd be all over the Droid 2 if it had 2.2 STOCK Android - not this crappy skin Moto is pushing on us. To make matters worse, the locked bootloaders prevents people from removing said crappy skin by installing a cleaner, custom rom. F U MOTO.

maxnicks

Reaction score
I've 11 months left on my Droid 1 contract. I may or may not pay cash for a Droid 2. Next summber when my contract is up, the Droid 3 running Oreo should be out. Heck, it might even be the Droid 4 running Smores.

Googleaddict

Reaction score
Next summber when my contract is up, the Droid 3 running Oreo should be out. Heck, it might even be the Droid 4 running Smores.

I lol'd. I'm keeping my droid until December or March of next year. I hope Moto stops putting these crappy skins ontop of android once gingerbread comes out.

ChugIt

Reaction score
I have no official opinion of the Droid 2, because it isn't out yet. I will not get one unless the bootloader gets unlocked. From the speculated specs (nothing 100% official yet), it looks nice besides that bootloader issue. MotoBlur, I don't care if it has it or not.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Seriously, you expect me to give you an opinion on a phone I don't have? That would be like asking me what I think about the Incredible or the X. I haven't a clue until I get a hands on and even then 48 hours before I have a clue.

I will say that I believe my next phone will probably be the Droid 2. That's because I can't stay on just one phone forever and by then it will be about a year :)

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
I lol'd. I'm keeping my droid until December or March of next year. I hope Moto stops putting these crappy skins ontop of android once gingerbread comes out.

doubtful....The next gen of phones is getting close to comiditizing itself where it's nearly impossible to differentiate on hardware. If you believe the specs on Droid Pro, it's so far ahead of the capability of apps and usage that it could be years before it reaches its full potential.

That means manufacturers will have to differentiate on features and aesthetics, so that's why I don't think pre-installed UI is going away.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
No interest in the Droid 2 due to it having a keyboard....