What are you on (4.2, 5.0.2)

Discussion in 'Project Elite' started by dalkhoutoff, Mar 13, 2011.

?

What Elite Rom are you using?

1. Project Elite 4.2 (Froyo)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Project Elite 5.0.2 (Gingerbread)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. doublea500

doublea500 Active Member

Ratings:
    +13
    im on 4.2 because i had battery problems with 5.0.2 (skipping battery levels). 4.2 is great for me and plus, i love how the galaxy theme looks on it.

2. racketier

racketier Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I was on PE 5.02 since it first came out until yesterday.

My phone decided to start randomly rebooting yesterday. I switched to a bunch of different kernels that were working okay for me before, but nothing seemed to help. As far as I can remember I didn't install any new applications or do anything I wouldn't normally do with my phone...

Guess I'm back on 4.2 for now.

Update: The reboot problem I had was constant. My phone would load into Android and a few seconds later it would reboot. I tried taking my SD card out so I know that had nothing to do with it. My phone also seemed warm so I also tried waiting for it to cool down with the battery taken out. Nothing seemed to help.

3. tu3218

tu3218 Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah I also started getting random reboots, they're pretty quick but I'm thinking of going back to 4.2. I love 5.02 but every one in awhile I just get quirky bugs as everyone knows of and its kinda getting annoying.

4. bpassino

bpassino Member

Ratings:
    +0
  5. danceswithbongs

danceswithbongs Active Member

Ratings:
    +5
    Just beware of how your Droids condition is, as now I have read a ton of posts from people who went back to a froyo ROM and the next day the phone had met its end, also there was a horse's head in the bed next to them(see film The Godfather).
    Not trying to be uncool, but wanted to let those know that they may want to look at what is out in case this happens and you are then without a phone. Which was the thing those it happened to mentioned. They hadn't been looking and were now forced into a choice.
    I hope all of our OGs would just keep on keepin on, as post upgrade it will be the greatest handheld movie, music and game player that cost nothing extra and is customizable. No i anything or psp can say that.
    I hope that those returning to the greatness that is 4.2 continue to have a healthy happy OG.
    :)

6. Pastor Ron

Pastor Ron Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Well, I felt it necessary to back step and hit up 4.2 again. I am not disappointed as all the issues which popped up with 5.2 are now gone.

Don't get me wrong, I am forever grateful for the excellent work done on 5.2, but it just didn't do well on my particular device. With 4.2 the phone is running very well (even custom ring tones).

Perhaps I'll end up with the next iteration of PEGB. Project Elite is the best!

7. bpassino

bpassino Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I liked PE 5 too, but as many others have observed, there is not enough RAM in the Droid to run it optimally. It's amazing that they got it to run as well as they did. As silly as it sounds, I miss the TV transitions. But i don't miss programs closing while I am using them. I don't miss the keyboard lags either. Not complaining though. Amazing work.

8. Rocinante

Rocinante New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Well, I had a few issues going from any GB rom back to any Froyo rom until I realized that I had formatted my SD card under one of the GB roms and it had done something my my sd-ext partition that would not let Rom Manager format it when doing a wipe. I actually thought the SD card slot went bad at one point because it wouldn't read my new card. Then it wouldn't read the old card either. Anyway, after a long drawn out process of flashing back the stock .sbf file and rerooting to get the SDcard slot working, I backed up the SDcard on my computer and did a reformat of the SDcard then did a repartition with Rom Manager but didn't let it boot back into the OS (was on PE4.2 at the time) by holding down the X key. When back in CW recovery, I mounted the USB and copied over the PE4.2 .zip, unmounted the USB and then installed PE4.2 (with three wipes of system and cache and formats of boot and data partitions). Now everything works great. (well, I had to replace the camera.apk because of a problem with the flash not being bright enough, but that's another story)...

Anyway, the moral of the story is.. If you formatted your SDcard under any Gingerbread ROM, you might have to reformat it and repartion it under your new Froyo ROM and reinstall the Froyo ROM.

//edited to correct the actions in Rom Manager were repartitioning not reformatting.

9. danceswithbongs

danceswithbongs Active Member

Ratings:
    +5
    Roc
    Nice problem solving.
    You should post link to this page and post # in the 4.2 thread with the download links in the OP.
    That way the most people switching back will have the best chance of success.
    Glad you figured out a possible fix to what had to at first probably seemed like a dead end.

10. bpassino

bpassino Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Check out the original poll in the sticky. The margin has really closing. I wish they would open a new poll and ask again now that people have had more time with GB.

I used to write software. I know, you can only push the hardware so far. That is why new versions of operating systems and software applications new more hardware resources with each new version. That is not to say that the droid can't be amazing. PE 4.2 demonstrates that. But, you push it to far, you start going backawards. How would you like to run windows 7 on the box that came equipped with windows xp of Me? Be slow if it ran at all. i prefer speed and stability.

11. Yonnor

Yonnor I r Teh Greetest

Ratings:
    +2
    So far I've had no real problems with 5.0.2, The dropped 3G is no hassle as I can fix it in the pull-down power widgets. So far this is the most amazing ROM I've ran and I can't wait to see how it progresses further.

Thank you to all the Dev's who helped make this ROM work wonderfully.

12. A.C.Sanchez

A.C.Sanchez Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have reluctantly reverted back to 4.2. I loved so many things about 5.0.2, but my issues were:

- 3G not coming right back, known issue
    - SMS notifications, I was not getting ringtone/vibrations when receiving texts, that's a deal breaker for me.

Everything else really was great, and performance was generally fantastic, I just think Froyo is more dependable, so I'm reverting.