What are you getting after the Droid if you were getting a phone today?

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Used D1 though the DX is a BEAST!! dancedroid

DroidForums Junkie!!

BodyBagz

Reaction score
Another Droid X...and same day I would root it and load up Liberty v1.5 and Ultimate Droid theme and lay my custom built text icons back on so that it looks/acts just like the one I have now. No sense in trying to re-invent the wheel...:)

OP
Stelv

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
It looks like droid x is the winner here. No one recommends the fascinate?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

patfactorx

Reaction score
Don't get a Samsung phone. Droid 2 Global has the best specs and feature set IMO

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

njl1287

Reaction score
I'm using a Droid1 right now, and I'd get the DroidX. My boyfriend has the DroidX, rooted, and its just amazing haha

OP
Stelv

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Sorry guys I got the fascinate. But off of eBay so I can use my upgrade when something really good comes out.

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I've had a D1 since the day it came out and to be quite honest and i know I'm gonna get chastised for this but if i had to get a new phone right now it would most likely be an iPhone.

im just tired of spending hours compiling my own roms, theming, customizing, rooting, overclocking and to still be second best.

OP
Stelv

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well my friend just ditched his Inc for an iPhone and I am not impressed. No widgets, cameras are pretty bad, small screen, flimsy build. Desktop is just all icons. Its fast though but so was his droid incredible.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm getting an iPhone. Then if it isn't as good as a Droid I'll tie it to the bumper of my car and drag it to the Verizon store and demand replacement. There will be video.

That will be an iPhone 5. And that's not until September.

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
I've had a D1 since the day it came out and to be quite honest and i know I'm gonna get chastised for this but if i had to get a new phone right now it would most likely be an iPhone.

im just tired of spending hours compiling my own roms, theming, customizing, rooting, overclocking and to still be second best.

Does someone have a gun to your head making you do this?!

trook

Reaction score
I bought my droid 2 just so I can hack it. I had a bad experience with my first android phone which was the nearly unhackable motorola backflip. So I paid hundreds of dollars to get out of my contract only to get the droid 2 the day it came out and later discovered the locked bootloader. After my backflip experience I will never buy a new phone unless it has a large developer following as I am now very flash happy and can't stand stock. Anyone got any suggestions? Besides therapy......

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

bullswife98

Reaction score
Wow, after reading this I am glad my husband talked me out of getting another phone! Was seriously thinking of buying a dx as well and ditching my org.droid1 but now I realize d1 is truely a rare phone! May be o.o.d. but seems like these new phones are getting more and more difficult to hack. Thanks for making my d1 feel like it is still a special phone! Totally keeping my d1 till it dies of natural causes.

Bullswife98 droid1,miui rom v1.3.5

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Well my friend just ditched his Inc for an iPhone and I am not impressed. No widgets, cameras are pretty bad, small screen, flimsy build. Desktop is just all icons. Its fast though but so was his droid incredible.

no offense but from reading your post i can say you have never touched an iphone... The iphone 4 is prolly the best built phone on the market when it comes to build quality. ill admit the 3.5 inch screen is meh... but the screen itself is phenomenal not to mention the camera on the iphone is better then any i have ever seen or used...

PS there are widgets for iOS

no im not an iphone or android fanboy i just respect a device when they do things right.

Does someone have a gun to your head making you do this?!

lol no it just seems like android isn't going anywhere and i'm bored with it. I just want something that works well right out of the box without having to root, customize, overclock...ETC just to make it usable

OP
Stelv

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Sorry, yea I messed with his Iphone last night, but I guess I didn't give it a fair chance. It did seem flimsy to me. And we were outside at night and the picture he took was super grainy, but it was night time. I didn't know you can add widgets, I guess it is possible as I have them on my iMac dashboard. When iPhone comes out with a bigger screen it will be more desirable too me.

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Sorry, yea I messed with his Iphone last night, but I guess I didn't give it a fair chance. It did seem flimsy to me. And we were outside at night and the picture he took was super grainy, but it was night time. I didn't know you can add widgets, I guess it is possible as I have them on my iMac dashboard. When iPhone comes out with a bigger screen it will be more desirable too me.

the crappy thing is you have to jailbreak it to use widgets which is dumb. you can use any of the widgets you use on a apple computer on an iphone/ipad