What are you doing with your retired D1?

machnhed

Reaction score
Like others, I'm also waiting for dual-core... Other than occasional redraws and certain things that can probably be chalked up to lack of RAM, I'm still just as happy with my phone as I was a year ago when I got it. dancedroid

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
My Original Droid is no where the retirement stage - we already have Gingerbread up and running, IMO - it's still as good as it was...day one

streetkid

Reaction score
I think he was asking for people that are no longer using their D1.. the "I'm still using it" replies aren't what hes looking for.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
I think he was asking for people that are no longer using their D1.. the "I'm still using it" replies aren't what hes looking for.
I got that -

...it doesn't mean I can't reply on the life I feel the Original Droid still has left in it :D

Reaction score
I have this uneven table...it's no longer uneven.

Paperweight and doorstop are acceptable uses as well at the BASM3K manor.

Abby Normal

Reaction score
According to the post above, I can't tell you I am still using mine....dancedroid

Droid Firefighter

Reaction score
Indiana (and that is close enough for the internet
Current Phone Model
S8
In answer to your first question, try putting your D1 into airplane mode. Since you no longer have service for it, it may be trying to reach from the grave and find signal. That is a big battery waster.

Sent from my Droid that I'm not supposed to say I'm still using!

wolfson1

Reaction score
Still rocking in the free world!!!!

Sent from my Suped-Up Super Overclocked Droid using DroidForums App

skylordusa1

Reaction score
Anyone have a D1 in decent shape and want to donate it to me. I love the D1 and never want a new phone but mine is coming to its end. The screen is scratched up like crazy and the keypad is starting to bubble up and probably will fall off soon. Im only asking if you werent planning on selling it and you think it will never be used by anyone again. By all means sell it and get money for it if that was your plan or give it to someone that will use it. I just hate to see such a great device go to waste collecting dust in a draw when I could be enjoying it every day.

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
I left it rooted with cyanogenmod nightly 199 overclocked to 1Ghz and sold it to a friend that absolutely loves it. I wanted to hang on to it for a while but he wanted a droid so bad that I had to share the wealth. Ended up getting a 3 week old droid 2 for $85 from another friend. I love it.

jv59

Reaction score
So I wonder where they are getting their refurbished ones from. I personally haven't used this site, but when I type in my droid info it stated my phone was worth $45.00 to them.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Guinea pig ;)

DroidForums junkie!!