What are the TB's "problems"?

cisco84

Reaction score
They turn off and on when ever they want

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

armeddroid

Reaction score
No issues with mine. Except GPS which Beardface helped me fixed.
The only issues i heard about is:
GPS LOCK
REBOOTS
and of course, the user.
:D

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
They turn off and on when ever they want

Maybe yours does. Most others don't. Try a factory data reset. Make sure you remove any task killers or virus protection before you do that.

Beardface

Reaction score
God am I ever tired of people telling us to root and load a custom ROM to fix problems. That should not be a requirement at all in order to get it to work. You shouldn't have to do that. Period. The fact that you basically have to right now in order for the phone to work properly just shows how f'd up this device was when it was initially released. And waiting 2 months+ to get a fix for a problem that was introduced by a HTC/Verizon pushed update is just sickening.

Yeah, this phone has problems, way more problems than a phone should. The battery life isn't great at all, and unless you have an extended battery or void your warranty and root, it will downright suck in most situations. GPS issues have plagues many of these devices, and unless you research a fix on your own, it will likely not work on your device. Reboots are a huge issue for many people who have not rooted. Not cool that this has not been addressed. Oh, and Netflix and Skype? We were promised those, and they have still yet to be officially released. You can get leaks of prototypes that do work, but that shouldn't be needed on a device where they were promised to be preloaded and have immediate serviceability. Oh, and if you want to double check your usage... Well, don't bother cause you can't. My Verizon is STILL not working on this device, even though it is preloaded on every device. Awesome, isn't it.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
God am I ever tired of people telling us to root and load a custom ROM to fix problems. That should not be a requirement at all in order to get it to work. You shouldn't have to do that. Period. The fact that you basically have to right now in order for the phone to work properly just shows how f'd up this device was when it was initially released. And waiting 2 months+ to get a fix for a problem that was introduced by a HTC/Verizon pushed update is just sickening.

Yeah, this phone has problems, way more problems than a phone should. The battery life isn't great at all, and unless you have an extended battery or void your warranty and root, it will downright suck in most situations. GPS issues have plagues many of these devices, and unless you research a fix on your own, it will likely not work on your device. Reboots are a huge issue for many people who have not rooted. Not cool that this has not been addressed. Oh, and Netflix and Skype? We were promised those, and they have still yet to be officially released. You can get leaks of prototypes that do work, but that shouldn't be needed on a device where they were promised to be preloaded and have immediate serviceability. Oh, and if you want to double check your usage... Well, don't bother cause you can't. My Verizon is STILL not working on this device, even though it is preloaded on every device. Awesome, isn't it.
I look at it as a performance mod.

Do you buy a sports car and never touch it? No, you buy gears, exhaust, supercharger, upgrade brakes, heads, cams, etc.

So why not do that to your phone? You expect a company to release perfection, yet you won't do anything to get perfection? The tweaking and installation of roms allows you to run the phone as you see fit, not how VZW wants you to. I'm not happy having a company tell me how I should be using something I bought.

Beardface

Reaction score

I look at it as a performance mod.

Do you buy a sports car and never touch it? No, you buy gears, exhaust, supercharger, upgrade brakes, heads, cams, etc.

So why not do that to your phone? You expect a company to release perfection, yet you won't do anything to get perfection? The tweaking and installation of roms allows you to run the phone as you see fit, not how VZW wants you to. I'm not happy having a company tell me how I should be using something I bought.
If you were to buy a car and get the extended warranty and the thing would randomly shut off all functionality while you were cruising on the highway, and the the dealership who sold it to you refused to fix it, and your only option other than doing it yourself was to take it back and get a 'Certified Like New' car from the dealer, meaning another previously used car that was already a lemon to someone else, you'd be a bit upset yourself, wouldn't you?

Or, if you bought the model that claimed to have a pre-installed Navigation system, but it always thought you were hundreds of miles away or never actually began its step by step Navigation, and the dealer couldn't or wouldn't fix it, you'd be upset, right?

Or if it was touted to have hands free dialing on the steering wheel, and once you got it, it just didn't exist, you'd likely claim false advertising, right?

Oh, and lets just say for the sake of argument that your Tachometer never worked. Small problem, huh?

In order, those problems directly correlate to the following: Reboots, GPS issues, Skype/Netflix, and My Verizon.

So no, your car analogy does not apply, because if I had the above problems, and I couldn't return it or get it fixed without having my own shop and the time and knowledge to fix it myself because the dealer refused to fix it, or just plain didn't know how, I would be furious.

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
No disrespect meant, but if I were as upset as you I'd sell the phone to cover the cost of the ETF and move on to another carrier.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Works for me and a lot of people on XDA. *****ing and crying won't fix anything. Doing something yourself will.

Beardface

Reaction score
No disrespect meant, but if I were as upset as you I'd sell the phone to cover the cost of the ETF and move on to another carrier.
My device on its own is working fine right now, despite having an overnight reboot. I got the extended battery, I found working versions of Skype and Netflix, and I fond the GPS Fix. My biggest problem is that in order to get the phone working properly and as advertised, I had to do a lot of the fixes on my own. I guarantee you that if these issues existed on the iPhone, they would have been fixed immediately.

I'm just tired of feeling like Verizon is treating us like 3rd rate customers even though we own their premier device.

tc3

Reaction score

With the wildly known Thunderbolt problems there is no way anybody would get the $350 etf not to mention having to fork over another few hundred dollars for a new device.

Beardface is totally right on this.

lockman

Reaction score
I find it interesting that no one has mentioned the power button. One of the tabs break, which makes the button loose and sloppy. Had two CLNR Thunderbusts sent to me with this problem last week.

Reaction score
I've had no problems and I'm running stock. I love my TBolt. The G2 and Bionic look pretty sweet, but enjoy that $50/month data plan.

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score

With the wildly known Thunderbolt problems there is no way anybody would get the $350 etf not to mention having to fork over another few hundred dollars for a new device.

Beardface is totally right on this.

Quick perusal of Ebay suggests otherwise...but whatever. Rage on.

OP
jimmyco2008

jimmyco2008

Reaction score
It seems like its an issue with Android and integrating it to the manufacturers standards and customizations... maybe porting Sense to Gingerbread is hard, nonetheless its ironic how third party part time devs get it right when dedicated expert manufacturers cannot. My two cents.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

khaf

Reaction score
Get the BAMF 3.0 RC3 and MR2 Radio all your problems will be solved.