What are the Newest Froyo ROM's

Discussion in 'Android Roms' started by jessemhess, Apr 21, 2011.

1. jessemhess

jessemhess New Member

What are the newest and best Froyo Roms out their.. Yes FROYO.. I have a Droid 1 and am looking for the best FROYO rom that is stable and fast. I want the newest build, FRG83G. I have ran several GB roms and none of them are as stable as Froyo. I just don't believe GB was meant to run on the OD.

I have heard Project Elite 4.2 is the best, and yes it was good when I had it on my phone, but it is outdated now. I wish PE would do a new build.

Oh well, let the suggestions begin.
  2. vjaamm

vjaamm New Member

You want Gimpsource. He's the only one I think still working on Froyo. His are fast and stable.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
  3. Chizzele

Chizzele Team Sourcery Developer

Sourcery all the way... yes its in the unsupported section but the developers are around for technical support and there is excellent user support.

It is on FRG83G since January and is excellent. Couple od tweaks after install make it perfect. Auto theme kernel and boot animation changer, highly customizable, 18 hour battery life for me....
  4. bendystrawboy

bendystrawboy New Member

Sourcery and pe are great, gimpsource dude is still working on his 4.0 release.
  5. ziltoid

ziltoid New Member

I've been running Project Elite's froyo rom for months. It's excellent and would recommend using it.

6. vjaamm

vjaamm New Member

Also while its still frg83d UD2.5 is a great Froyo rom. Lots of features, stable and fast (at least for me) and from what I understand one of the few that's not sapphire or cyanogen based (not that that makes it better, those are great rims as well)