What are the chances of this phone getting updated?

Discussion in 'LG G2' started by ajarnfalang, Sep 6, 2013.

1. gadgetrants

gadgetrants Senior Member

Ratings:
    +228
    Current Phone Model:
    Google Pixel
    I'm gonna lob this comment back up to the OP -- if you haven't rooted an Android phone before...it is VERY easy and VERY addictive. Once you've tried it, it's hard to have a phone and not tinker with it a bit. ;) I totally get the notion that you don't want to monkey with it (and over the last several iterations of phones, it's become less and less necessary), but there are very few phones around that aren't improved by at least rooting and a custom recovery (e.g., full access to Titanium Backup, ability to do full system backups, freeze stock "bloat" apps, etc.).

Installing custom ROMs are a somewhat different matter. I tend to agree with you that installing a vanilla Android ROM often knocks out a pretty useful stock app, which you may not want to hunt for and install a la carte (and sometimes it won't run outside the stock ROM).

Either way, if you add custom ROMs to the equation, there is a 110% chance the G2 will get 4.4 and beyond.

-Matt

• Like Like x 1
  2. bkdodger

bkdodger Administrator
    Staff Member

Ratings:
    +7,494
    Current Phone Model:
    Note 10+
    So many phones are great stock now ... Rooted and running a ROM is personal choice.. But I agree it makes it easy to backup your stock and try another if you wanted it.. Also plenty of developers have stock running ROMs with all the stock functions with small tweaks that enhance the experience..

N2 tap'd HD

3. ajarnfalang

ajarnfalang Member

Ratings:
    +6
    I hope the G2 marks a change in LG. it certainly looks like they want to take business away from Samsung so maybe they'll be more aggressive with updates.

It has happened. Actually all these manufacturers had bad reputations as far as updating at one point or another.

G2 is the best phone LG has ever made. Seems like they're really proud of it, so maybe they'll be an update for me.

Again I live in thailand so I have to buy it cash; unlocked. No carrier software or anything. Just straight from LG.

4. Hugh Jass

Hugh Jass Senior Member

Ratings:
    +123
    Also I read somewhere in one of the reviews from a major website that they contacted a higher-up in LG to ask about the prospect of updates, and he said they're already working on 4.3 for the G2.

Of course I take that with a grain because how else could you answer the question, but at least there's hope for you naysayers.

Search tags for this page
9/13/13 lg spectrum update
device speedy is not supported at this time
how to clear memory on lg optimus
lg g2 4.3 update
lg g2 android 4.3 update
lg optimus 4x hd forum

lg spectrum 2 4.3

lg2 update android 4.3