What are some reactions to gingerbread on the X2?

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid X2' started by tical364, Jul 29, 2011.

1. juhde

juhde Droid X Rescue Squad
    Rescue Squad Premium Member

Ratings:
    +3
    You do know there is a rooted version right?

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

2. Elite49

Elite49 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    It's running great! With root and bloat removed I get around 200 MB RAM free. Their's still some stuff I need to get rid of and do to it since I just did it earlier today along with a Titanium Backup.

3. garywojdan81

garywojdan81 Member

Ratings:
    +7
    Oh yeah. Just got flash happy & loaded the first release before the other became available. Now, I don't yet feel like going the sbf route to get the prerooted installed. Probably will in a day or so.

4. gr8scott_o

gr8scott_o Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Well, was able to update this morning off VZW servers manually.

Still have the music stutter while multi-tasking.

5. CaptainSS

CaptainSS Gold Member

Ratings:
    +558
    I am genuinely happy for anyone that this update took them from getting rid of the phone to "in Love".
    I thought the GB update did that for me when I had my DroidX, this update was far far less dramatic on my DroidX2.
    Who knows though I probably have yet to see what all the update may have done.
    Could have been my imagination but it seemed like my DroidX needed a day or so for the update to "marinate" it got better after a little time. Initially I noticed things like amazing battery useage then it reversed and got 100% better.
    So time will tell with this one.

6. JohnnytheK

JohnnytheK Senior Member

Ratings:
    +61
    Loved my phone before love it more. Music is snapper, I never had pops of anything but now songs play much faster. Gallery loads much faster even though I ridiculous number of pics.
    Doc files load faster if this is Ginger Bread then I'm a convert!

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

7. krakhedd

krakhedd New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Everything seems to be running faster. Memory doesn't seem to be getting eaten up as quickly. Touchscreen is faster than before - a nuisance for me because I type faster than it was responding on Froyo. Web browsing seems a bit quicker. Homescreen nav is faster (LauncherPro free). Everything's more responsive.

I have been waiting for GB to root & remove all the bloatware as well, but it's so quick I may just wait for a custom ROM to come out based on GB.

Disclaimer: It's only been installed for approximately three hours & I haven't made excessive use of the phone as yet.

8. krakhedd

krakhedd New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah it does, holy s***, the gallery load speed (can one even use the word "speed" even though it refers to time consumption, and not infer the function was, in any way, fast?) was one of my biggest gripes & I hadn't even thought to check i until I read this!!!

9. mattfox27

mattfox27 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    How are you getting this much ram? is this all day or just right on startup...i have rooted and gotten rid of bloat and i average about 70-80mb free ram all day.

10. whodidthis

whodidthis Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Just want to say to all pre rooted GB that just got the update. Check out the Eclipse ROM... it will blow your brains off

11. greycobalt

greycobalt Member

Ratings:
    +1
    So I like trying to the new ROMs and updates, but I despise setting all my crap up again (launcher icons, positions, application settings, etc.). I was thinking of getting rid of Affinity (which I love) and updating to GB, but I'm trying to figure out if it's worth it after what I've heard. Should I stick to GB and wait for a root method, or should I just wait with Affinity until there's more time for everything to settle down? I can't make decision on my own.

12. rustymcbain

rustymcbain Member

Ratings:
    +0
    As soon as the update was available i loaded it up. I was on stock waiting for it so transition was painless. Just wiped cache to be safe. Totally different phone now. Worth the hassle and wait. Loved my dx but wouldnt trade back for anything now. I am waiting for some custom roms that are bugless. Stock is bugless as far as i can tell. Your milage may vary.... Just my 2ยข

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk