What are some MUST have Android Wear Apps?

Discussion in 'Android Watches' started by hammerhead13, Nov 15, 2016.

1. hammerhead13

hammerhead13 Gold Member

Ratings:
    +555
    Current Phone Model:
    Moto Z Force Droid
    I just got my LG Urbane w150. Nice looking watch. Not as big as I thought it was going to be which is a plus. Still doing a bunch of software updates. The one thing I want to know is What are some MUST have Android Wear Apps? What are all you Android Wear users using that makes having these Smart watches worth the investment? Thanks!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Sajo

Sajo Diamond Member

Ratings:
    +7,252
    Current Phone Model:
    Moto Droid Z Force
    The only apps that I have installed on my watch that didn't come with it are watch face apps. They are a great way to customize your watch and change it up whenever you feel like it. With the newer versions of Android Wear a lot of apps from your phone will auto sync to your watch and provide some basic functionality from your watch.

Edit: Congrats on the new watch!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. hammerhead13

hammerhead13 Gold Member

Ratings:
    +555
    Current Phone Model:
    Moto Z Force Droid
    Thanks for the Reply! I currently have Android Wear v1.5.0.3358953. I did install Facer and created a Account. It is cool having the Faces. I just need to find Better Mickey Mouse Faces lol. Would you happen to know if S Health is working with the LG Urbane w150? I still find it to be the Best Health App.

4. Sajo

Sajo Diamond Member

Ratings:
    +7,252
    Current Phone Model:
    Moto Droid Z Force
    I have AW 1.5.0.336103 on my watch, so very similar. I'm not sure about S Health. I have a Moto 360 Sport and it uses Moto Body by default. JonnyKansas is one member I know with an Urbane, maybe he can answer that question.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

5. Jonny Kansas

Jonny Kansas Administrator
    Staff Member Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +8,391
    Current Phone Model:
    Pixel XL
    Twitter:
    jonny_ks
    Back when I had my Note 4, S Health wasn't directly compatible with the Urbane. That's been about a year now, so Idk if anything has changed, but in the S Health app, they have very limited devices that are compatible with it. I ended up switching to Google Fit. I'm not a fitness buff by any means, but I like knowing which days I got up and was more active. Fit, to me, is very similar to S Health as far as features that I used. The UI is different, but I basically just use it to track steps, which it actually does by time active instead of number of steps. To me, knowing how inaccurate these step counters can be, that's a better metric anyway. I've got a goal set for amount of time active each day and it'll coach me alone similarly to how S Health did, though I turned off the S Health feature to bug me when I've been stationary for an hour.

Sorry. I know that doesn't REALLY answer your question, but that's my experience.

• Like Like x 1
  6. xeene

xeene Gold Member

Ratings:
    +1,029
    Watchmaker premium and wear charging widget

7. Sajo

Sajo Diamond Member

Ratings:
    +7,252
    Current Phone Model:
    Moto Droid Z Force
    Wear Charging Widget looks pretty good. Looks very similar to the built in Charging / Night Mode on the Moto 360 Sport & 2nd Gen. Makes a nice bedside clock.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk