What are people doing with their old phones after purchasing the Thunderbolt?

BSchnur6

Reaction score
I threw mine up on cellitused.com and got $138 for my D1. Can't beat that...I have no need for it anymore and thought that $138 was a sweet sell considering that thing has been through so much!! :) I'll be kinda sad to see it go...had some fond memories with that little device!

geoff5093

Reaction score
I threw mine up on cellitused.com and got $138 for my D1. Can't beat that...I have no need for it anymore and thought that $138 was a sweet sell considering that thing has been through so much!! :) I'll be kinda sad to see it go...had some fond memories with that little device!
Hmmm, I'll have to check that out. I was planning on keeping my D1 since it's rooted to run some rooted apps and logging software that I didn't/can't run on my TB, but for $138 that is tempting...

BSchnur6

Reaction score
yeah, from speaking with people and some friends of mine, not too many folks know about that site. HECK, i didn't either up until about a week and a half ago!

gflam

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I didn't know about it till about an hour ago lol but clever name and looks cool although I'll never sell my droid 1 it's what got me into all of this stuff if I ever feel it is obsolete which I still by no means think it is I'll probably buy like a glass case for it and like put it on display at a museum or something lol

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

dlwhtrose

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
Original Droid died 2 weeks ago so I got an X. Then right when I got it rooted and set up like I like VZW announces the release of the TB. So, hubby is getting the one week old X (its what he has wanted for a while). I set it all up for him and put his own theme on it and everything. We now have a happy household......:)

geoff5093

Reaction score
They only offered $104 for me, even in like new condition with everything included and working. I'm just going to hold on to my D1.

Parafly9

Reaction score
I'm selling my Droid 2 Global to CashForSmartphones for $220 which makes my new TB free! I did this with a couple of Blackberry's I used to have and it worked out very well. They are very easy to deal with and it's a lot less hassle then selling it privately.

That's ridiculous. That phone is worth $350 - $400, at least. You are losing out over $100.

Parafly9

Reaction score

That's weak. Droid 1 on ebay right now used go for $200 - $250 in decent shape. Craiglist is around $175 - $200.

UNC

Reaction score
Can anyone give me a suggestion? I want to trade mine in to Verizon or otherwise recycle it, but the display doesn't work. I know it can be used for parts, but all my info is on the phone and I can't see it to do a factory reset. Is there any way to erase it mechanically? Probably not, eh?

Sbf it back to new. Don't need to see the screen to do that.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums App

craig8868

Reaction score
I am giving my D1 to one of my wife's friends...I haven't had any issues with it. It's been old faithful to me. :)