What are my battery options?

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hey all, I am an og droid user but just picked up a dinc for my fiance. Lets just say she was not impressed with the 10 hour battery life (and it was sitting idle for 9 of those hours, that's unacceptable!), especially coming from a blackberry. I told her droids use more battery juice to power all the awesomeness behind them- she didn't look impressed. I went ahead and rooted and removed most of the verizon crap-ware last night and also adjusted her refresh settings to help boost her battery life, so hopefully that will help a bit.

Anyway, I'm new to the dinc section of this forum and there's a ton of info to brush up on so I'm hoping someone can save me a bit of time and point me in the right direction. She's still rocking the og 1300 mAh battery. I've read that there are other options out there for a replacement battery that should give her a boost. The monster 3500 is out of the question since she likes the size as-is, but the 2150 may be a viable option if it isn't huge. So what is the best option for upgrading while being able to keep the stock battery door?

I poked around on amazon and saw that Seidio makes a 1750. Is this a good option?

I also saw this battery. It looks a bit shady, but the reviews are pretty good. Is this a good option?

I've also read that the EVO stock 1500 battery will work in the Dinc. Is this true and a good option?

Anyway, any advice would be greatly appreciate, thanks in advance!

dfuser312553

Silver Member
Reaction score
If you are wanting to go with extended batteries stick with names you know like the siedio's. You can also pick up OEM's off Amazon for cheap. 3rd option is getting Mytouch or EVO OEM's that are 1500mah which are also cheap.

*best thing you can do for battery life IMO is swap to the 04.08 EVO radio or the 05.06 from the gingerbread leak.

OP
sbenson

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
If you are wanting to go with extended batteries stick with names you know like the siedio's. You can also pick up OEM's off Amazon for cheap. 3rd option is getting Mytouch or EVO OEM's that are 1500mah which are also cheap.

*best thing you can do for battery life IMO is swap to the 04.08 EVO radio or the 05.06 from the gingerbread leak.

Thanks Poon! What does the radio swap do? And can you supply a link where I can find directions on how to do it, if I decide to go that route?

dfuser312553

Silver Member
Reaction score
The radio on HTC devices is quite involved in the hardware compared to a Moto. So changing the radio can effect power draw & performance from not only the CDMA radio but GPS, WIFI, even the screen.

OP
sbenson

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
Alright, that makes sense. So coming from a stock dinc, which radio should I choose from link you gave me? I see a couple official verizon radios and a couple evo radios?

Joseacevedo559

Reaction score
If you're rooted get set-cpu and set the minimum all the way down and also set it to on-demand. On the profile settings set the maximum and minimum all the way down when the screen is off.

Thunderbolt 559

OP
sbenson

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
If you're rooted get set-cpu and set the minimum all the way down and also set it to on-demand. On the profile settings set the maximum and minimum all the way down when the screen is off.

Thunderbolt 559

Does setCPU work with the stock kernel? I haven't tried it yet.

dfuser312553

Silver Member
Reaction score

Thunderbolt 559

hilarious. GTFO

Knowing it's your girls phone if *I were you* I'd keep it relatively stock I'd *look into* this: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1087054

Just the Dinc GB leak w/root, w/busybox. The 05.06 radio is linked to in the OP.
I ran it; it is what it says. Flashable ROM but you will do the radio through hboot.

OP
sbenson

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score

Thunderbolt 559

hilarious. GTFO

Knowing it's your girls phone if *I were you* I'd keep it relatively stock I'd *look into* this: [Flashable GB Update]Incredible_C_GB_S_VERIZON_WWE_4.01.605.0_Radio_2.1 5.10.05.06_NV - xda-developers

Just the Dinc GB leak w/root, w/busybox. The 05.06 radio is linked to in the OP.
I ran it; it is what it says. Flashable ROM but you will do the radio through hboot.

Is the dinc affected by the 3g issue like the og droid? I know there is a fix for it with the droid, but some people are still having issues.

OP
sbenson

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score

I just want to clarify. Regarding your suggestion for radios, you're suggesting the 04.08 Evo radio for the Dinc? Is this the best? And it works on stock froyo? As always, I apologize for my ignorance. I'm new to the dinc and just want my girl to have a phone that works without issues.

dfuser312553

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yes the 04.08 EVO radio is compatible as is the 05.06 from the GB leak. The only differences I noticed between the two was the 05.06 had superfast GPS but slower 3G data speeds. Both had much better battery for me then the 07.28 stock.
Personally I like the 04.08 but your results may very.

OP
sbenson

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yes the 04.08 EVO radio is compatible as is the 05.06 from the GB leak. The only differences I noticed between the two was the 05.06 had superfast GPS but slower 3G data speeds. Both had much better battery for me then the 07.28 stock.
Personally I like the 04.08 but your results may very.

The gb leak can only be used on a gb rom, right? I was planning on the 04.08, I think I'll install it tonight.

So, to install this: I just download the file, place it on the root of my sd card, rename it (PB31IMG) and then boot into Hboot, Hboot should find the file automatically and ask to update, click yes and I should be good to go? Then delete it off my sd card afterword? Seems simple enough, do I have those instructions correct?