What are developers needs Post development?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by MadScientist210, Mar 7, 2011.

1. MadScientist210

MadScientist210 New Member

After you get your app made and get it in the marketplace (independent developers) what kind of things do developers tend to be lacking or not have access to that would boost their exposure and revenue. Also for independent devs where is your primary source of income from the apps (I'm assuming ad revenue).

I'm not a dev but am going to be looking to work with a dev I'm wondering whats needs they may have that me and my guys could fill.
  2. gflam

gflam Developer Theme Developer Developer

Interested in this post I've helped dev a rom for a while and have deved android for quite some time now I'm almost done my first app and saw this post so I'm interested in how u were thinking of working with devs will keep an eye on this post

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
  3. MadScientist210

MadScientist210 New Member

From looking around on other post from other forums and blogs, it looks like where most of these apps fall short is in marketing. Advertisers through banners are not getting the results theyd like and are actually taking a loss in some reported cases. Banners and its spot in the market is a passive way of marketing. What I have in mind may be able to give devs the bennifits of a ground level active marketing campaign while also taking the risk off them. so im wodering, from experience, what has been the shortfalls devs have been having in getting the app in users hands and where do most of their profits come from if not from direct sales.
  4. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

Beer. And plenty of it.:D