What apps should I invest in?

Discussion in 'Android Applications Discussions' started by Jug the Thug, Dec 26, 2010.

1. Jasonjohns

Jasonjohns Member

Ratings:
    +0
    24hrs? Is this correct?

2. KZIWarrior

KZIWarrior Silver Member

Ratings:
    +2
    I've bricked zero phones going back several years (into WM devices). And regardless you being stupid enough to brick your phone doesn't justify you ripping on the developers. They had nothing to do with you modding your phone(s). If you don't want to pay them what they ask (which is very little for 99% of the apps) than don't use their product. I'm sure you waste more money on sodas or hamburgers or any number of 'frivolous' expenditures every year so stop being cheap...

Edit: Correcting error, see post below..

Oh, and I forgot one app aCar is a automotive mileage and expense tracker that I use religiously. If you're interested in such things things is HIGHLY recommended.

3. Jasonjohns

Jasonjohns Member

Ratings:
    +0
    So the 15min. Thing is not true, we still have 24hrs for refund correct? Thanks.

4. KZIWarrior

KZIWarrior Silver Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Double checking now, hadn't heard that until now but I know recently (within the past two weeks) I've gotten a refund 12+ hours after I purchased it. Let me research a I'll post back. Lots of 'gossip' out there about it but I'll see if I can find an official policy from Google.

Update:
    Well then... this is pretty weak. It seams the 'new' marketplace does indeed give only a 15min window for returns... supposedly this is tied to your market 'version' though so some are saying if you don't update the marketplace app you still have the 24-hr window. I can't comment on that aspect and I just got the new market last Friday after flashing a new ROM so I don't know if my last refund was grandfathered in because of the market version or the date of purchase... Here's the official policy:
    http://market.android.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=134336&hl=en

Still, stick with well known apps and do your research before and you'll be fine. Worse case you may waste a few dollars here and there but it's no worse than buying a soda or overpriced coffee or any number of things we all waste money on every day.

5. Jasonjohns

Jasonjohns Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Confirmation would be great.

6. mpower

mpower New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Haha did anyone else catch the censorship fail?

sent from my iPhone

7. DF Smod

DF Smod Silver Member

Ratings:
    +93
    I caught it - :icon_censored:

8. palindrome

palindrome Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Wow. Ur impossibly tough with a keyboard! And I'm not stupid for simply not knowing about sbf in time to save money. If it is illegal to sell apps out of market, why is it out there? Sorry it puts a bad taste in your mouth, but I have purchased many apps in the past that I found myself dissatisfied after 24 hours, let alone fifteen minutes. True everyone wastes money,also true everyone is tryin to save it. Try not to hate so much. Besides, all these great people that truely give us great products(fabolous,etc), always get a nice donation from me.

Search tags for this page
can one invest money into phone apps?
how do i invest in apps

how to invest in apps

mail gmt-invest com
robert's rules of order android app
robert's rules of order app android
robert's rules of order app for android