??? What "APPS" do you have that some of us "MIGHT NOT KNOW" about ???

Appventive

Reaction score
May I recommend two of my own little-known apps?

Executive Assistant (free & paid versions available) is an all-in-one info hub that allows you to preview any combination of email, calendar, texts, missed calls, tasks, rss, twitter & facebook in a single, unified, customizable interface. Use as a lock screen replacement, a lock screen widget (Android 4.2+), or as a home screen widget.

and

ICE: In Case of Emergency stores emergency contacts & vital health information for use in emergencies -- the info can be accessed even when your phone is locked.

Cheers,
Steve

Tracebooks

Reaction score
I am wondering if anyone knows of a note/reminder type app that can use locations to send reminders. For instance you have a grocery list set up, the phone will send a notification when your in a grocery store to check your list. Or home improvement etc. The hardest part for me and the note apps is I forget to check them when I'm out.

This is exactly what I've been looking for, too. I've tried hacking together several things myself. I found TodoMapr from Controlled Senility (love the name!). https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.controlledsenility.android.todomapr You can set up your tasks and lists by location. And it syncs with Google Tasks, which, I hope, means that it will play nicely with Google Now. And if it will coordinate with one of the voice assistants, that would be extremely ideal. I've posted to the development thread of the ddeveloper of Utter!, and he plans on getting Utter! to talk to Google Now. Ideally, as I pass by the only SuperTarget in my area, Utter! or Jeannie will check my Google Now or TodoMapr and realize that I'm about to forget to pick up my favorite Archer Farms salsa. And will loudly tell me about it. :)

Sal R.

Reaction score
I am wondering if anyone knows of a note/reminder type app that can use locations to send reminders. For instance you have a grocery list set up, the phone will send a notification when your in a grocery store to check your list. Or home improvement etc. The hardest part for me and the note apps is I forget to check them when I'm out.

I've been using the Settings Profiles Locale plugin along with Astrid with the Locale plugin. Use Astrid to set your grocery list and Settings Profiles for the location. Then, in SP, you create the rule that when your in the designated location, to fire off the Astrid notification.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Sal R.

Reaction score
Anyone know of a good LAN/Samba music player?

I have a wireless external drive that I can connect to via wifi. It'd be nice to stream music off it for when I don't have a data connection to GMusic.

Edit: Nevermind. Didn't know ES File explorer had a built in LAN player. Just found it on accident LOL.

sakana

Reaction score
I've been using the Settings Profiles Locale plugin along with Astrid with the Locale plugin. Use Astrid to set your grocery list and Settings Profiles for the location. Then, in SP, you create the rule that when your in the designated location, to fire off the Astrid notification.

I should of specified that I was hoping to find a free one. I was using Astrid, which was fine, and almost got the Locale Add-on until i realized that the add-on didn't do anything by itself but then you had to go by the Locale app on top of it to get the location detection stuff to work. I'm cheap and the $10 bucks for Locale wasn't worth it to me, the $1.50 for the add-on was fine but its useless, for a simple reminder to check my to do list.

Sal R.

Reaction score
I should of specified that I was hoping to find a free one. I was using Astrid, which was fine, and almost got the Locale Add-on until i realized that the add-on didn't do anything by itself but then you had to go by the Locale app on top of it to get the location detection stuff to work. I'm cheap and the $10 bucks for Locale wasn't worth it to me, the $1.50 for the add-on was fine but its useless, for a simple reminder to check my to do list.

I hear ya about the $10. Settings Profiles Full is $3.99 (but I bought it when it was $0.99). I, too, was hoping to find a free app that would do it, but hated having to install another app just for grocery lists. It worked out for me because I already had SP managing rules and sound profiles before I found out that the Astrid locale plugin works with SP.

leonardodonny

Reaction score
Hi, i'm a new Android Developer.
I find it hard for me to let people know the apps that i have made which have been publish in the market.
Well, i want to promote it.

LDLabs Unit Converter
It is an easy to use application with simple yet elegant design.
Converts between common units of measurement in: area, energy, force, frequency, information, length, mass, power, pressure, speed, temperature & volume.

I will appreciate if you see, download, & try.
And i'm very glad and thankful if you want to spend your time to rate and review it.
Well, Thank you all for your support. :)