??? What "APPS" do you have that some of us "MIGHT NOT KNOW" about ???

electricman58

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
"ROOTED" Droid Turbo
There are Threads on here for (Top 3,Top 5,and Top 10 Apps)
"BUT THIS THREAD IS DIFFERENT" !!!dancedroid

Those "TOP" Apps are great for Looking to see what we all usually use on a daily basis, and
for when we are "New to Android" to get us started, (and keep us preoccupied for a few months!)

LIKE: "FoxFi, Beautiful Widgets, Go launcher, Astro, Flashlight, etc..." These we might have already, or know about! But You Never Know??
There are over 300,000 Apps in the Play Store! But when you randomly scroll thru the store, it only shows you a couple thousand popular ones???

"What About, and Where are the other 300,000???"

(IF WE DON'T KNOW THEY MIGHT EXIST, HOW DO WE KNOW TO LOOK FOR THEM???) We Need Your Thoughts!
(SO WHAT ABOUT US ?,...... that consider ourselves "mid-level" operators???):blink:

I have had my Droid Bionic about 10 months now and "NEED" more things to do with it :biggrin: I NEED, WE NEED, your Knowledge and experience to help us out with this:hail:

( You might think we know, but maybe "some, or most" of us Don't !) "Your posts will be greatly appreciated by all of us" Post anything You want, whether we might like it or not!!! Unique and unusual are good too! Everyone uses their smartphone in different ways and for different reasons!

I just ("NOW") found out there is an "APP"" I can do "ScreenShots" on my "UNROOTED" Bionic??? "I NEVER KNEW???" NICE!!! This is why i''m posting this thread!!!

I'll Start:

) Screen Grabber - To do screenshots!- It says it requires root, but go into (advanced options and uncheck "root"). NICE!!!

) Screen Filter - To Dim your screen and buttons further than your able to do with settings.

) Meme Factory - To make memes or use your own pics and put memes on them.

) Reverse Lookup - works great to try and caller ID a phone Number.

) WiFi Analyzer - Nice color graphics and helps u see wifi channels and power levels.

) Month Calender Widget - small see thru calender widget for your homescreen.

) Mini Info Widget - another cool widget to see Batt, Mem, Storage cap. etc...

) Nanosaur 2 - LOL... just to throw a cool little game in here too !

) Banking Apps - My "local" Credit Union "Now" has an App! Sweet!

Thanks Everyone for your Help !!! :hail: Please post away !!!

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Are you kidding? That's my secret, lmao! Okay, I will divulge one or two!... or three or four!... or five!
  • AndroVid- can take a video and edit it as well as capture photo shots with it.
  • Widgetsoid- am able to put all the toggle switches I need at the top of my notification bar so I have access to them anytime I want.
  • Smart Taskbar- by pressing and holding the home button I can access any app I want no matter what application I currently am in.
  • Simple text- for making text only icons
  • Sygic-an alternative navigation app that works very well (but costs money)

OP
electricman58

electricman58

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
"ROOTED" Droid Turbo
:-D Thanks TIS!! I knew I could count on you to jump in and help!! I'm going to check out a couple of those right now!!! Nice. :)

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums

bullswife98

Reaction score
I can't live without the app called(Call Control) it keeps a black list for calls you don't want coming through ie. people wanting you to sign up for stuff. It also blocks unwanted texts too.

TAG YOUR IT! DROID RAZR using Droid Forums. :)

drew96dawg

Reaction score
Two I use are:
Droid of the day: everyday it shows you one cool of unusual app in the playstore
Cpu spy:tells what frequencies and how long your cpu runs at each frequency

Sent from my DROID2 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

OP
electricman58

electricman58

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
"ROOTED" Droid Turbo
I can't live without the app called(Call Control) it keeps a black list for calls you don't want coming through ie. people wanting you to sign up for stuff. It also blocks unwanted texts too.

TAG YOUR IT! DROID RAZR using Droid Forums. :)

Two I use are:
Droid of the day: everyday it shows you one cool of unusual app in the playstore
Cpu spy:tells what frequencies and how long your cpu runs at each frequency

Sent from my DROID2 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

NICE!!! Those are Great GuysdancedroidThat's what I'm talking about!!! Keep em Coming!!!:hail:

eebvending

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
S10+
) Screen Grabber - To do screenshots!--go into menu and uncheck "root". NICE!!!

Saw this mentioned in another thread. Went to the market and the latest reviews are really bad and the dev is saying in the description that if you are unrooted "don't expect" this app to work.

Needless to say, I'm holding off trying this one out.

I take it your experience with this one has been good?

OP
electricman58

electricman58

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
"ROOTED" Droid Turbo
eebvending said:
Saw this mentioned in another thread. Went to the market and the latest reviews are really bad and the dev is saying in the description that if you are unrooted "don't expect" this app to work.

Needless to say, I'm holding off trying this one out.

I take it your experience with this one has been good?

Yea! :-D works perfect on my Bionic! In the instructions it says requires root! But works on alot of phones without root!
( Go into advanced options, unchecked "requires root access" ) and see if it works! Its that easy :) You'll never know unless you try it, right? Download it, try it, and if it doesn't work then just "uninstall it"!
Its not like its going to kill your phone! Lol let me know!? Also what phone do you have!?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums

VoiceGuy

Reaction score
Coffee Pot by Droid Concepts. It allows me to keep track of/rate the different K-cups I've tried. There's both lite and paid versions. Droid Concepts also has similar apps for keeping track of beer, wine, liquor and cigars.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Hmm, the beer/wine one works for me, lol! Really though, I don't drink much but I do like wine/brewery tasting and appreciate a good dark beer or a glass of dry red wine every so often.

OP
electricman58

electricman58

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
"ROOTED" Droid Turbo
My Best Friend uses the Kcups and also smokes Cigars! He would like these!!!:icon_ banana:

snowman

Reaction score
ZP Dash board is really cool and not mentioned , it's a
gps enabled speed checking app. it shows speed in several ways , and has a hud dispay that can project the info to your windshield
when in hud mode
it has several differnt display modes check it out I check speedometers with it all the time
remember GPs is more accurate then your spedo. this is a good way to check them, HUD ode is really cool at night, lay the phone on dash
to display info to windshield
a bit of a battery hog so if your long tripping plug the phone in GPS and display is running

OP
electricman58

electricman58

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
"ROOTED" Droid Turbo
It can project it to your windshield?? I'm gonna have to check this out!!!:biggrin: NICE!!!

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sign is an app that allows initiating calls or texts using gestures. Ex, slide "St" on the upper half of my phone, it initiates a text to my son Stephen using the text app I set up. The bottom half initiates a call to him. "Sh" does the same for my son Shawn.,W for wife, etc.
Frame Grabber makes still shots from videos on my SD card, whether shot on the phone or not and does full resolution and number of fps, iow a video shot at 60fps on my stand alone digital camera can be loaded on my card and I can get as many as 60 stills per second of video. It works well on my Incredible, Rezound and Galaxy Tab.
Desktop Visualizer opens a whole world of custom icons for the home screen by allowing me to make my own easily on the phone. It's free also.
Air Calc, another freebie, is a calculator that can run over top of any screen, be minimized, like Windows minimized, resized and/moved to any location on the screen.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
A Rezound phone was used for this Tapatalk post

snowman

Reaction score
also
wanna learn how to tie some knots, Knotsguide
Radar now uses GPS to see where you are and shows live Radar, great out on the Motorcycle
Planimeter uses Sat. info and Google Earth to measure distance and acreage, I use it a lot excellent, I'm a Farmer