What Apps Are We Safe To Freeze?

dazoe

Reaction score
BluetoothDun stands for bluetooth dial up networking. Which allows computer to connect to the phone and use it as a modem through bluetooth. It was running on my phone and I don't even ever use bluetooth.

Sent from my DROID3

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just don't freeze Yahoo Contacts and Email. Messes up your contacts if you haven't noticed already. If so, defrost em.

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
I hope you didn't really delete those apps.

+1 ^^^ this.

You guys DO realize that by deleting any apps without any means of restoring them that you are taking a great risk of never getting updates, or worse, one wrong deletion will result in a non-functioning phone. We don't even have a custom recovery for this phone yet! There is already a thread elsewhere with someone screaming for an .sbf file. . . .

BE CAREFUL!!!! You will accomplish the same end result by renaming the 'bloatware' from *.apk to *.bak, or better, just freeze them with TiBu.

good luck

rvcjew

Reaction score
omg am i boned? lol i got root and titanium backuped all my apps on phone but then DELETED/unistalled? bloatware was i stupid should i put them back then freeze them with bloat freezer?

BAMA74

Reaction score
Just don't freeze Yahoo Contacts and Email. Messes up your contacts if you haven't noticed already. If so, defrost em.
The thing is i messed up and uninstalled those 2 so what do i need to do cause it messed up my contacts:icon_eek:

b00mb00mchuck

Reaction score
I saw somebody post that they froze all the authenticator apps...

The corporate sync authenticator has the same effect on the contacts app like the yahoo did... force closes when you try direct access a contact..

So yeah... there's that...

blackbelt27

Reaction score
Ohmygod I've destroyed my phone, I tried a full restore after opening my text messaging app force closed, then the account sync (after google account) force closed and looped back into itself, and I had no home launcher to go to (cuz I removed it) anddd messed up contacts by uninstalling yahoo apparently,

So in short, we need roms

rvcjew

Reaction score
Im atempting to restore what i took out atm will post back on findings.

mrailing

Reaction score
Ohmygod I've destroyed my phone, I tried a full restore after opening my text messaging app force closed, then the account sync (after google account) force closed and looped back into itself, and I had no home launcher to go to (cuz I removed it) anddd messed up contacts by uninstalling yahoo apparently,

So in short, we need roms

I did something similar, check this post, you might be able to get back in the phone:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...tware-backup-assistance-dont-wipe-device.html

mrailing

Reaction score
Guided Tours isn't safe to remove. Doing so and then doing a wipe will result in a FC on the setup application during boot, which will result in a failure to load the default launcher. This will prevent you from getting any launcher to start on the device and will result in a loop of the setup app right after the GPS selection prompt.

aggiechase37

Reaction score
Guys! For God sakes! Freeze apps. DO NOT DELETE THEM! We have no sbf, no warranty, and no way to know what some of the stuff is that you are deleting. By all means, freeze your butts off, but if you delete anything you are running a high risk game.

mrailing

Reaction score
Guys! For God sakes! Freeze apps. DO NOT DELETE THEM! We have no sbf, no warranty, and no way to know what some of the stuff is that you are deleting. By all means, freeze your butts off, but if you delete anything you are running a high risk game.

Which is what I figured out the hard way, but I did post instructions on how to restore the deleted files and get back to freezing the apps instead of removing.

Invader DJ

Reaction score
Root definitely isn't for everyone. Research before you do anything and until we get a good way to restore the DROID 3 (ie an SBF) don't delete anything. Freeze it. And back up first...