Discussion in 'Motorola Droid Bionic' started by steeldroid_blaze, Oct 23, 2011.
Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums
Just started a thread on this here.
Swyped and sent through the interwebz to you!
As a brand new Droid user, THANK YOU! :byepalm:
Not Call Log Classic is one of the first apps I download every single time.
You set it once and you never see it again.
takes you to your home screen instead of the dialer when you end a call.
That one was my second install. My first was Restart Connection. I don't know if it is doing anything, but I can tell you that I haven't lost any data connection yet...
Beautiful Widgets is pretty good too.
Ok, as you know I'm a nut when it comes to smartphones and android so here is a list of the best of the best as far as I'm concerned.
1) SwiftKey to replace standard keyboard. It learns how you type and guesses what you meant and the next word.
2) JustPictures - A vastly superior gallery.
3) Linda Manager - Best File Manager.
4) BeWeather Pro - Amazing weather application with the best widgets out there. High resolution weather and links to multiple radars. Every option as well as it can be done.
5) Google Voice - Enough said.
6) Camera Zoom FX - Fast auto focused pictures. Very professionally made.
7) K-9 Mail - Has never failed me in over 2 years. Tons of options.
8) Pulse - The best news application I've ever seen. Has decent widgets.
9) Amazon Appstore - A free paid app every day. And some are VERY good.
10) Boat Browser - Amazingly fast and easy to use. Multiple tabs and new voice commands.
11) Business Calender Free - Best Calender Widget I've seen. I have a 4x4 widget which shows the entire month and you can read what your appointments are - tap on it and you get your agenda. Has controls on the bottom of the widget to scroll from month to month and you can add appointments from the widget. Also allows easier appointment setting.
12) Circle Battery Widget - Shows battery left in 1% increments and is pretty.
13) IMO - Best IM program. Connects you to just about everything - AOL, GoogleTalk, etc... very slick and takes nearly no battery.
14) No Lock - Personal preference here. You will never see the lock screen again. Saves the time to swipe and open to get to your stuff.
15) Screebl - Love it. Turns your time out for the screen to 15 seconds and then when your holding the device in a natural position it will never go off. When you put it down it goes off in 15 seconds. It will show it takes 90%+ of your battery but that's a bug.
16) Printershare - was an Amazon free app of the day and it's normally $10. Amazing program lets you print from any wireless printer. Better than Motoprint.
17) CamScanner - I just found this amazing program. Snap a picture with it and it will convert it to a PDF so you can send it as a scanned document.
18) DayWeekBar - Puts the date at the top of your pull down box and also has full date info when you open the pull down.
I'm sure I missed a few.
Just the ones I'm addicted to...
Coin Dozer Halloween
Coin Dozer Seasons
Cookie Dozer (warning, you might gain weight)
Drag Racing Premium
I have other games I just don't have time to play.
Hope this list helps. Please respond with any great games or apps you have
This app is not only a great clock widget but is also free on getjar.com!
The good thing is that many great apps are free so you can try them out. I had Carrr Matey for a bit. It's a car locator with a pirate theme. You "drop anchor" when you get out of your car and it'll ask if you want a timer (for parking meters). Then it'll give you direction and distance from your car as well as a map. It's free.
Koi Live Wallpaper is nice if you want Koi swimming around on your phone. There's a paid version that'll make it rain on the pond and change the number of koi, but the free version allows you to tap the "water" and a double tap will put fish food out for them to "eat."
Don't forget that the Market gives you only a 15 minute window to decide whether you want to keep it or not.
Amazon app store
I'm sure there are others
Droid TV (turns your Droid into a PVR huge selection of stuff)
Crackle (for my Seinfeld fix)
GetJar (lots of good apps free of charge)
IP cam viewer (very robust network camera app)
I must run (side scrolling game)
Alchemy (awesome app check of out!)
With the advent of my new Bionic on 9/8, I decided to only install those apps that I REALLY need/want. Like these:
- Beautiful widgets
- Circle battery
- Astrid (now that it has GTasks sync)
- Gesture Search
- Voice Search
- Camera Zoom Fx
- Voice Actions Plus
- Google Docs
- Angry Birds
- Words Free
- Google Music
- Flashlight LED
- WiFi Analyzer
- Speed Test
Some good stuff - keep posting!
1. App Protector Pro – Very easy to use app locker. It will lock any app you’ve added to their list and comes in real handy when you let other people use your phone, but don’t want them to have access to certain things.
2. Blogger – The interface is a little remedial, but it lets you view, edit, and post to your blogger on the go.
3. CameraZOOM FX – I’ve purchased several camera apps to use instead of the stock one, and this is by far the best. It lets you customize how you take shots and lets you assign different camera functions to your screen and stand alone keys. It has a very fast shutter and also a lot of effects included, as well as more free downloadable ones.
4. Dolphin Browser HD – Much much better than the stock web browser. Lots of customization with this one, and they came out with an update this week that will allow you to sync your browser preferences and history with your other electronics (i.e., tablet) if you have Dolphin installed on it.
5. Google Voice – Gives you pretty much two phone numbers with just your one phone. Also allows for text messaging.
6. Amazon Appstore – Downloadable from Amazon. Gives one free app a day. Every now and again they have some gems.
7. Printershare – Lets you print via any wireless printer. I’ve used this several times, and it’s amazing.
8. GasBuddy – Finds the cheapest gas closest to you. This on especially comes in handy for me since I do a lot of driving in and around DC.
9. Gold Live! – Shows you real-time precious metals market prices. Comes in handy if you’re into this sort of thing.
10. USAA Mobile – For the folks who have an account with USAA. This app is awesome. USAA is a great bank and this app is worthy of their name.
11. Netflix – An absolute MUST if you have a Bionic and Netflix account. I don’t watch feature length movies on my phone, but I do use it a lot for adding movies to my instant queue, as well as for watching tv episodes. If you have an HDMI dock, this is even better. I’ve used this several times to watch movies on my 40” LCD and the picture quality is fantastic.
12. OpenCaching – If you’re into geocaching, or just curious to try it out, this is a good app to have for it. It’s by Garmin, so you know it’s good.
13. Profile – I have it set up so that my wifi turns off and Bluetooth turn on at certain times of the day automatically. This is saves me so much battery, I can’t even begin to describe how much a ‘must have’ this app is.
14. QR Droid – The best QR code reader, hands down. Plus, it makes it super easy to create your own QR codes for sharing.
15. SoundHound – This app is better than Shazam, imo. Makes it real easy to buy music through Amazon as well.
16. SplashID Safe for Android – This is another must for me. I have all my passwords and info stored in one easy place, and it syncs seamlessly between SplashID on your desktop, or even iPod Touch or iPhone.
17. Tiny Flashlight + LED – The best flashlight app. Allows you to put a widget on your homescreen of whatever flashlight mode you use; flashlight, lightbulb, or screen light. I use keep a widget on my homescreen that uses the LED camera light, and it is super BRIGHT. Awesome on the Bionic.
18. Taptu – DJ Your News – Awesome news app. They have a whole bunch of pre-built news feeds, and you can add and build your own; up to 1000. I absolutely love it and read it everyday.
19. The Ultimate Drive – For anyone with a BMW or who just loves driving. Lets you search through fun driving routes as well as sharing, uploading, and rating your own.
20. BeWeather Free – So much better than the stock weather app. Has so many customization options, and a much prettier widget. I’m on the fence whether or not I wanna purchase the pro version because the free version has pretty much everything I need already.
I have a few games loaded as well, but kept this one just for apps. I’m always on the lookout for app ideas as well, so I think I’ll really enjoy coming back to this thread and seeing what everyone else has on their Bionic. Cheers!! :biggrin:
One thing I had on my OG Droid (paid so I didn't have to buy it again) that's nifty is Widget Locker. It allows you to add widgets to your lock screen. Currently I have the Camera and Tesla LED (made by the same developer so it works best for this thing) so I can get to them right away. I also have the unlock changed to a rotary style like the OG Droid originally had. This style gives me the option (by moving it counter-clockwise) to Silent, then Vibrate and back to normal.
Another good free app is Barcode Reader. It will scan both the UPC codes you see on items and QR codes that are popping up more and more. You can use that to compare prices and link to things.
Separate names with a comma.