What app/software gives me a Contact Manager for both PC AND Phone - AND are standalone - AND sync?

Discussion in 'Android Applications Discussions' started by JungleWriter, Oct 14, 2014.

1. JungleWriter

JungleWriter New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Current Phone Model:
    HTC One X
    Help! (I've been searching for hours, googling and Playstore, trying to find an affordable software–app combination.)

(1) I need a software and/or app to manage my contacts, both on my phone (HTC One X, 4.2) and my PC (Win7).
    (2) Data should reside in each of the devices, not in a cloud.
    (3) I need to edit contacts on my PC, but the PHONE SHOULD NOT HAVE TO BE CONNECTED in any way to the PC (standalone).
    (4) I need to sync both from PC to phone, and vice versa (USB or bluetooth).
    (5) I need to edit contacts on my phone, and want to use the contact manager as my phone's directory and dialer.

What app and/or software does this for me?

Thanks!
    JungleWriter

2. tommyg562000

tommyg562000 Active Member

Ratings:
    +41
    Not gonna happen. Embrace technology, embrace the cloud.

• Like Like x 1
  3. leeshor

leeshor Gold Member

Ratings:
    +1,676
    Pretty sure its will need to be in the cloud. Here is an app that is cross OS compatible but it's still in the cloud. Online ContactManager - Zoho

4. JungleWriter

JungleWriter New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Current Phone Model:
    HTC One X
    Yes, I'd love to embrace technology -- but the geographical area where I live only allows for short hugs, i.e., internet connection is intermitted, and slow, and expensive. (Yes, it's a continent South of where you post from.) So, I'd really need my contacts on the PC harddrive and the phone's memory.

5. leeshor

leeshor Gold Member

Ratings:
    +1,676
    I keep my contacts in a PDF file I create/update weekly on my PC - in the DropBox folder. When I do get connected I download that PDF file to my local devices, primarily my tablet.

6. 211SSW

211SSW Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I use App Dragon, run it, it lists al

'App Dragon' makes app list I send list to self when ready to get new phone, go thru to install what I need