What App do you NOT want to Install?

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Really, you guys are against Advanced Task Killer. That was actually the first app I downloaded, due to a couple of my friends suggesting it. I haven't noticed any problems within the first 48 hours of usage.

Betting you will....Most do.

khelek

Reaction score
I've been running ATK since day one, on launch date, Nov 6. Have yet to have any problem with it.

Also running Lookout Mobile, for the ability to locate my phone if lost/stolen. While I don't care if it has AV on it, it does, and I think the app is worth it. Again, no problems with it either.

Won't app *won't* I install? Hmmm, haven't thought about that.

bronx finest

Reaction score
Really, you guys are against Advanced Task Killer. That was actually the first app I downloaded, due to a couple of my friends suggesting it. I haven't noticed any problems within the first 48 hours of usage.

So is it an irreversible issue? Or if I notice issues can I just delete the app and all's well?

I really don't want to mess up this thing, I like it too much!

tliebeck

Reaction score
I think task manager apps are great for the purpose of stopping runaway apps. I also sometimes use one to kill the Market app to *force* a refresh (haven't found another way).

But using them to auto-kill Apps is redundant and silly...Android already does this by design, and it has a heck of a lot of more information about how to make such a decision than a task killer.

Yes, a task killer can save battery life, but only by knocking out badly written applications, which you should simply uninstall from your phone.

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score

So is it an irreversible issue? Or if I notice issues can I just delete the app and all's well?

I really don't want to mess up this thing, I like it too much!

No, it's not "irreversible." Most new users install a task killer as they get used to the Droid. And they're "educational" in the sense that you begin to learn what is "in memory" (not necessarily "running") on your phone. But indiscriminate "task killing" generally does more harm than good. If your phone is running slowly or an application is lagging, try turning the phone off and back on. That will almost always resolve the problem.

As others have noted, it's sometimes necessary to "kill" a "runaway" or "hung" application. And for that specific purpose a task killer is useful. (Though often you can't get to it when that happens and you have to turn off your phone anyhow.)

It appears that most folks have found that "Advanced Task Manager" is a better choice than "Advanced Task Killer" for this purpose. I personally never had any problems with the former, but find the latter to be more informative when I'm curious about what is going on beneath the covers on my phone. Eventually I uninstalled ATK.

baniels

Reaction score
Pretty much all of the soundboards. What I really wish is that I could uninstall them from the marketplace.

MJ5150

Reaction score
I won't install anything to do with Twitter.

I'm not going to install Handcent again, or any of the Home apps.

-Mike

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have ATK since I got my Droid, about two months ago.... Never had a problem with it.

What app won't I load? Any of the "home replacement" apps. Nothing but FC's with them when I tried them out. No AV programs either..

In general my Droid runs with little fuss.

:rofl3:... yeah... the home replacement apps are likely closing BECAUSE of ATK... ever since I got rid of it Home++ works perfect....