What app do you have that blows everyone away?

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
I have quite a few apps spread over 4 Android devices, 3 phones and a tablet. I have several apps that have impressed everyone who has seen them, but I have one that every person I showed it to immediately downloaded it.

It's called Word Lens. I showed it to one of my customers last week and he happened to have had the included documentation, what little was there, for 4 new Galaxy S5s on his desk. He was blown away.

This app could translate every word in that little piece of paper on the fly using the camera, in real time.

It currently supports 6 languages in both directions.

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Sounds very cool... Need to check it out.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Color Note.
No real wow factor to speak of but by golly it's my most used productivity app. Been using it on all my devices since 2010 and it has remained flawless through all the fragmentation of Android

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Color Note.
No real wow factor to speak of but by golly it's my most used productivity app. Been using it on all my devices since 2010 and it has remained flawless through all the fragmentation of Android

Color Note is pretty awesome...simple but effective.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Color Note is pretty awesome...simple but effective.
The sync feature is a life saver at times. I put whatever on any device and when I open the app on any other device it's there in about 1 second. Work schedule, car part numbers, internet addresses, secure passwords and user id's, addresses, phone numbers, etc. I use different colors for different members of my families vital stats and things. It really is my most vital app.

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
If you like music.. SoundHound is awesome.

SoundHound recognizes music playing around you. You can even search for music by singing or humming into SoundHound.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I have quite a few apps spread over 4 Android devices, 3 phones and a tablet. I have several apps that have impressed everyone who has seen them, but I have one that every person I showed it to immediately downloaded it.

It's called Word Lens. I showed it to one of my customers last week and he happened to have had the included documentation, what little was there, for 4 new Galaxy S5s on his desk. He was blown away.

That seems pretty cool. Could have used that last year on an overseas trip! I will use it next time I am overseas!

OP
leeshor

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
That seems pretty cool. Could have used that last year on an overseas trip! I will use it next time I am overseas!
We have a farmer's market here that doesn't believe in subtitles. (translations), comes in really handy there too.

OP
leeshor

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
Originally the subject was apps that blow"other" people away. ;)

I have another one that impresses everyone who has seen me use it. I have lots of online storage, Box (50GB) DropBox (2GB) along with OneDrive, Cubby and half a dozen more. But when someone asks how much storage I have available it's in excess of 4TB.of easily accessible storage Essential it's all the space I have on the 2 of my office systems that stay on most of the time. I can open, from any location, any document or media on my systems.

It is a ready to use VPN that couldn't be any more simple to set up and use, Pocket Cloud Explore. Using that app and PrinterShare I can usually open a document, (from my office system) when at a customer site, modify it and print it to their printer. Slick.