What am I doing Wrong?

Reaction score
> I'm still having battery problems with my droid x....I dimmed the display, i'm not using wi-fi alot, bluetooth I use once in awhile, i do txt alot and browse alot could that be the problem? I also live in a weak signal area could that be it?

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
What are your battery usage stats? What's your typical battery life?

Settings < Battery Manager < Tap the battery icon

Regular use will drain the battery, as the display is the biggest battery user. A weak signal area could have something to do with it...

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
If you are using a Task Killer those are known to drain battery and are really unecessary as Android manages tasks very efficiently

Sent from my Original Droid using the Exclusive Droid Forums App :wink:

jloya

Reaction score
If your browsing alot that could def be a battery drain

also if you live in a weak signal area were the signal is sometimes showing 0 then that could also be draining the battery because the phone is constantly having to look and reacquire the signal. Check your feeds if you going and make sure you dont have facebook, twitter etc updating every 5 mins

OP
Y
Reaction score
What are your battery usage stats? What's your typical battery life?

Settings < Battery Manager < Tap the battery icon

Regular use will drain the battery, as the display is the biggest battery user. A weak signal area could have something to do with it...
now its not letting go 2 battery settings...it says "the application settinggs has stopped unexpectedly" what does that mean lol

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
I've seen several battery manager crashes on the DX lately, but no solution. I'll second the factory reset unless someone has a better suggestion.

OP
Y
Reaction score
I've seen several battery manager crashes on the DX lately, but no solution. I'll second the factory reset unless someone has a better suggestion.
ive done factor reset is that the same thing as factory data reset?

kevinkar

Reaction score
I get this battery error may be once a week, every week and it's annoying. I am assuming there's an app I use that causes a conflict but I am at a loss to figure out what it is (I have alogcat installed but the logs it produces are somewhat esoteric and I don't see an obvious smoking gun.)

However, I don't fix it by doing a hard reset. If I did that weekly, I'd never use the phone. Instead, a soft reset (turn off and back on) has solved this problem. I have just learned to turn it off every couple of nights since it really doesn't need to be on 24/7. I suggest getting into that habit.

If the battery error comes up again, it only takes a couple of minutes to turn off/on.

Once you are there, you will probably see that your display is using most of the juice. I have not seen any app displaying more than 10% battery usage. HOWEVER, that battery usage info is based on usage since you last turned the phone on and can give you misleading information. So it's not 100% useful to find out what's really been using the battery. You definitely have to think about what it's saying versus what you've actually been doing with the phone.

Hopefully there's a clear source of your drain.

jloya

Reaction score
battery manager force closing is a known error on 2.2

sometimes it works sometimes it doesnt, there is no current fix for it

OP
Y
Reaction score
Display : 31%
Voice Calls 23%
Android System: 12%
Cell Standby: 10%
Launcherpro: 6%

Is display how much u use it? And texting and stuff?

BodyBagz

Reaction score
Display : 31%
Voice Calls 23%
Android System: 12%
Cell Standby: 10%
Launcherpro: 6%

Is display how much u use it? And texting and stuff?

Display is the total of how much the screen is actually "ON"...regardless as to whether or not you did anything other than activate the screen in order to check the time...hence it always being the highest battery use.

My Battery Manager Screencap....Cell Standby and Phone Idle are my highest this time because I havent touched my phone really since last night at about 11pm...lol

snap20101018_131701.png