What am I doing wrong??

Blayzejlm

Reaction score
I'm trying to boot into stock recovery to install the 5.9.905 file but everytime I hold both volume buttons and the power button, I get the triangle with ! inside it. Am I doing something wrong or IS there something wrong with my phone?

deduct

Reaction score
When you get to triangle, press volume key up and hold down power button. That should bring up stock recovery menu.

nobreak1970

Reaction score
I usually just hit V-down and V-up at the same time again. Into recovery you go.

OP
Blayzejlm

Blayzejlm

Reaction score
Yup thats it. For some reason I forgot that step all together. Thanks guys :pint:

deduct

Reaction score
nobreak1970 said:
I usually just hit V-down and V-up at the same time again. Into recovery you go.

Oops...that's it

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
Oops...that's it

Yeah, I think Volume Up + Power button was the way to access stock recovery on the OG Droid. I always forget the Volume Up + Volume Down method on the Bionic myself, and end up wondering why I can't access recovery. I guess that's what I get for being an OG Droid user for as long as I was.

deduct

Reaction score
Dave12308 said:
Yeah, I think Volume Up + Power button was the way to access stock recovery on the OG Droid. I always forget the Volume Up + Volume Down method on the Bionic myself, and end up wondering why I can't access recovery. I guess that's what I get for being an OG Droid user for as long as I was.

Same here. I used mine for two years. And now my son uses it to play games and watch videos on. Truly a great phone.