What am I doing wrong?

willzbar

Reaction score
OK, so I've been trying to get gb on my d2 for the past two days now and can't figure out what wrong. I'm running liberty now and I've tried going to the liberty tool box and flash the gb v.08, it didn't work so then I tried doing the nightly gb and it didn't work either. I keep greeting so far and then says the file is bad (pic). Any help would be great, still new at this whole flashing roms and such. I really like running on liberty and was just wanting to see what gb is like. Thanks

Will,

Sent from my Xoom using DroidForums

The Albatross

Reaction score
Are you on Froyo or GB right now? You have to be on GB before flashing Liberty GB, I believe...

OP
W

willzbar

Reaction score
Froyo I think, not sure how to tell. Do know that I'm android 2.2.1 and on liberty v2.0.1. I know you have to start somewhere just don't know where I'm supposed to start at, like I said still new.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Froyo I think, not sure how to tell. Do know that I'm android 2.2.1 and on liberty v2.0.1. I know you have to start somewhere just don't know where I'm supposed to start at, like I said still new.

You are on froyo. You have to flash the Monster GB leak first, then flash Liberty GB

MIUI

OP
W

willzbar

Reaction score
I downloaded the monster zip file but when I would get boot into clockworkmod it would say file is bad installation aborted. I kept thinking I just have a bad download of he file but I've tried a hand full of times. Anyone have a link to the monster file that might work.

Will

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
I had to sbf back to stock Froyo to get the DX GB files to install. Just a thought.

MIUI

simon_lefisch

Reaction score
I downloaded the monster zip file but when I would get boot into clockworkmod it would say file is bad installation aborted. I kept thinking I just have a bad download of he file but I've tried a hand full of times. Anyone have a link to the monster file that might work.

Will

Here's a link to the D2 GB leak

http://db.tt/4SY5s1R

+1 @brad92. I would sbf to stock, reroot, boot into CWM then flash GB then Liberty.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reaction score
OK, so I want to manually install 5.9.901. I downloaded the file. When my Bionic is connected to the computer, I don't see SD-ext....Is there a setting I need to change? USB Debugging, etc.? I've never done this, but willing to try. Just received my first BSOD and it pissed me off! LOL...BTW, I'm running 5.5.893

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
You have to have USB Debugging checked and when you connect your Bionic to your PC you should see a choice. Select USB Mass Storage. You'll then get 2 Removable Drives; one is MOT (internal) and the other will be your SD-ext. Be sure to eject both before unplugging.