What about a cooling case?

grace1169

Reaction score
That a good idea. From now, I do not find a cooler for phone. May be we should reduce frequency in using phone. Hope some day, there will be a good app for cool.

Nausicaa

Reaction score
You're looking for a passive cooled solution, easy way is to go to an old computer, tear off a few of the smaller heatsinks and place it against the body of the phone, place a few holes in your case or whatever and use that. I did it for other stuff, put a bit of arctic silver on it (I heard that theres a better brand now, forgot the name) and it cooled it nicely.

grace1169

Reaction score
You're looking for a passive cooled solution, easy way is to go to an old computer, tear off a few of the smaller heatsinks and place it against the body of the phone, place a few holes in your case or whatever and use that. I did it for other stuff, put a bit of arctic silver on it (I heard that theres a better brand now, forgot the name) and it cooled it nicely.

Really? It works? I will try that.

stevensmtih15

Reaction score
.Does anyone know if there exists a case or pad for keeping the phone cool, like there is for laptops?

phonearena

Reaction score

wow.. such a creative idea, but i don't want to have a try~

CoryRampost

Reaction score
Well if we are talking cheap dirty solutions.. Put the phone in a cooking pan (with noting else inside obviously) and the pan acts as a heat sink...it literally absorbs the heat and your phone stays much cooler!! I do this all the time when charding my phone at home.. Works pretty good.. Not too practical everywhere tho..

JaeJae

Reaction score
I occasionally use the canned air to blow dust & stuff off my laptop-quick shot to the Droid when it heats up works wonders. I also have a small portable desk fan that I place beside my Ezee stand that works too (could b used with dock)

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

When I worked as a tech, we used a blast of liquid from a canned air can held upside down to test for thermally intermittent components and solder joints. The caveat was that the large thermal differential generated by the -40F liquid would sometimes cause circuit traces to separate from the circuit boards and/or crack, as well as potentially damaging plastic components. So be forewarned that cooling a 150F component to -40F in under a second could cause the component, connections, or circuit traces to fail. A blast of gas is OK, but holding the can upside down for a shot of the liquid is probably not.