What about a cooling case?

SierraG

Reaction score
I've been thinking allot about how to keep my phone from battery overheating this upcoming summer, as it gets really hot here, and I only have one AC to keep my house cool enough...Does anyone know if there exists a case or pad for keeping the phone cool, like there is for laptops? I think it would come very much in handy if there is.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

252chevyboyz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Thats really not a bad idea. Ill be on the lookout and post back if i see anything for cooling it. It also gets pretty hot here in east nc during the summer also

X_TAC23

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Just did a search and came up with nothing. I would imagine any case is better than no case as the case acts like clothing. That's just my opinion.

patfactorx

Reaction score
A case makes it run hotter because it insulates like clothes do =op

OP
SierraG

SierraG

Reaction score
I have a good case I bought at Verizon, it's perfect for protecting the phone, I'm just very interested in where phone cooling technology will go/has gone.
Computers, after all, have very advanced cooling systems now

UltraDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3, straight stock
I have a good case I bought at Verizon, it's perfect for protecting the phone, I'm just very interested in where phone cooling technology will go/has gone.
Computers, after all, have very advanced cooling systems now

I have a "cooler"" for my laptop, but it's a metal base, with two fans which run off of the power that comes through a USB port. Works good for the laptop, but rather impractical for a cellphone.

-Mike

UltraDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3, straight stock
I was thinking something more like this:
Fanless Laptop Coolers and Sleeves | ThermaPAK

I looked into the various types of coolers, before buying my laptop. The laptop I have has a rather large 17 in screen and I decided early on to use it as a desktop PC replacement. So, since it isn't going anywhere, and is big to begin with, I elected to get the Notepal, by Cooler Master. That works fine for larger laptops, the thermapak doesn't. But we're talking cell phones, not laptops here. Still, I'm not sure how something like that could be modified for a phone - and how it would functionally cool it, if it was.

-Mike

ypsichick

Reaction score
Western KY and W. Los Angeles 3 miles from the bea
I occasionally use the canned air to blow dust & stuff off my laptop-quick shot to the Droid when it heats up works wonders. I also have a small portable desk fan that I place beside my Ezee stand that works too (could b used with dock)

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

UltraDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3, straight stock
I occasionally use the canned air to blow dust & stuff off my laptop-quick shot to the Droid when it heats up works wonders. I also have a small portable desk fan that I place beside my Ezee stand that works too (could b used with dock)

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Yeah, I do the exact same thing with my Ezee stand, and it *does* help.

-Mike

OP
SierraG

SierraG

Reaction score
I was thinking something more like this:
Fanless Laptop Coolers and Sleeves | ThermaPAK

I looked into the various types of coolers, before buying my laptop. The laptop I have has a rather large 17 in screen and I decided early on to use it as a desktop PC replacement. So, since it isn't going anywhere, and is big to begin with, I elected to get the Notepal, by Cooler Master. That works fine for larger laptops, the thermapak doesn't. But we're talking cell phones, not laptops here. Still, I'm not sure how something like that could be modified for a phone - and how it would functionally cool it, if it was.

-Mike

I haven't thought about the details, but I see they have these for the iPads, and I think that we shouldn't be far off from better phone cooling technology.
After all, as phones get more advanced and more powerful, they will need more advanced care options, and I thought why not phone cooling cases? We all bring our phones into unfriendly temps/conditions by bringing them everywhere we go; if you're gonna spend $200-$300 on it, you'll want it to have the best care possible

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
I've been thinking allot about how to keep my phone from battery overheating this upcoming summer, as it gets really hot here, and I only have one AC to keep my house cool enough...Does anyone know if there exists a case or pad for keeping the phone cool, like there is for laptops? I think it would come very much in handy if there is.
Doesn't seem like it would do much good to me unless the case was carefully designed to improve airflow to the internal components. Cooling off the exterior case won't provide much benefit.

OP
SierraG

SierraG

Reaction score
Something like that, the best it could be.
Or a cooling device could be made inside the phone for the battery and cpu, but that seems pretty far fetched even now

kptphalkon

Reaction score
Argh. I recall a thread asking about this very thing in which a poster showed us his home made case with a computer fan blowing air on the battery - I assume it works great with the phones back cover off.

ymihere

Reaction score
I just read this post and I got thinking if you have a small endothermic (abosorbs heat) pad that should cool a phone down quite nicely but fr now I am useing a small ice pack that is roughly the same size as my phone.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums