Whad'ya Know Latest Leak Specifies No SDcard On The Note 5 Afterall

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

This sdcard situation for the Note 5 has been more fickle than a politician during presidential preliminaries. Of course Samsung has not officially made any statements on the situation. It was assumed that the Note 5 would take after its older the brother the Galaxy S6 and ditch the micro Sdcard reader, but then we had a leak "confirming" the existence of an sdcard slot on the device.

Yesterday afternoon Evan Blass of @Evleaks leaked some render images of both the Note 5 and Galaxy S6 Edge Plus. He also posted specifications of the Note 5 to go with the images. The specs include an Exynos 7420 SoC processor, 5.66" QHD display, 4GB of ram, 32GB of storage, 16mp rear shooter, 5mp front shooter, 5.1.1 Android, and NO SD.

For many of you this will be a bummer. I would also take this report with a grain of salt. While Evan Blass is a reputable leaker anyone could "leak" this tidbit of info with a 50-50 chance of getting it right. We shall know the truth in a few days.

via @EvLeaks

kixfan

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 20u AT&T
Twitter
kixfan
In that case I'd just stay with my Note 3 as long as possible and research a new phone with an SDcard slot. It was the biggest reason I moved from Apple to Android a few years ago. I'm sure not every manufacturer is ditching the SDcard slot...hopefully.

sharkattack99

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S8+
Wonder why so many are ditching the SD card. TheI really hand to have for pics,and videos and apps that can go on the SD card. I suppose if they offer a 128gb version it wouldn't be so bad.

eebvending

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
S10+
In that case I'd just stay with my Note 3 as long as possible and research a new phone with an SDcard slot. It was the biggest reason I moved from Apple to Android a few years ago. I'm sure not every manufacturer is ditching the SDcard slot...hopefully.

Both Moto and LG are including them on new flagships. This whole "everyone is going away from microSD" is pure spin doctor territory. Removable battery and microSD slot are 2 of the biggest 4 or 5 reasons why Android is better than iOS.

But yeah, I now plan to squeak every last drop out of my Note 3 and then see what is available when it can't function anymore.