Wet phone!?!? T_t

OP
F

freefly716

Reaction score
True. I would of course look into the repair, but isnt getting the phone with a two year deal 199 or 99 after warranty?

Kentech0023

Reaction score
True. I would of course look into the repair, but isnt getting the phone with a two year deal 199 or 99 after warranty?

The phone is $199 with a 2 year commitment so that means you would have to open up another line or break the commitment you have now and pay the termination fee.

And its an $89 deductible if you have insurance on the phone.

--Kenneth

OP
F

freefly716

Reaction score
so all in all, i'll quit posting here, as i'm surely boring you all with my fretting. Do you think I have a very good chance of pulling away unscathed?
Thanks!

sajgel

Reaction score
The verizon guys may see condensation in the screen and that would casue them to deny replacing the phone. It sound like water did get into the phone. Good luck

phat6

Reaction score
do the rice thing. i did it with a blacberry storm2 and it works great the longer it stays in the rice the better

tobytl

Reaction score
do the rice thing. i did it with a blacberry storm2 and it works great the longer it stays in the rice the better

QFT.

The bubbles are a good sign (relatively speaking of course), evaporation is what you want. In a dry climate that's enough on its own. Otherwise a hydrophilic substance is helpful, which would help suck out the evaporating moisture.

OP
F

freefly716

Reaction score
I cant see any more condensation, maybe three or four things on the total bottom edge after where the screen protector ends, which may or may not be miniscule bubbles. riced all night. btw, it was in a case when i accidently took a dip...
do you think giving it one try is too risky? and how do you know if something short circuited?

Kentech0023

Reaction score
I cant see any more condensation, maybe three or four things on the total bottom edge after where the screen protector ends, which may or may not be miniscule bubbles. riced all night. btw, it was in a case when i accidently took a dip...
do you think giving it one try is too risky? and how do you know if something short circuited?

If it shorts it just wont turn on.

Since you still see bubbles I would wait.

OP
F

freefly716

Reaction score
what happens if i put the battery in? what happens if it hisses kinda? cuz thats what happened to my friends phone...it still worked he was freaked ou tho

OP
F

freefly716

Reaction score
What happens if we get a phone of equal value to replace it? I'm hoping it will still work, however...
Would the verizon people take pity? I mean, I'll have to pay the same amount per month, i'd use the same number, and i'd use the same phone. Would they have problems with that?

Kentech0023

Reaction score
I'm not saying your phone is gone just don't put the battery in it until all signs of moisture is gone and you've waited 24-48hrs (preferably 48+hrs).

If you were to buy another smart phone or even a feature phone Verizon probably would not have a problem.

OP
F

freefly716

Reaction score
So Kentech, are you telling me that all I would have to do would be buy a new phone? (hopefully droid x), and no extra fees?

Kentech0023

Reaction score
If your current phone does not work you can purchase another Droid X (at full retail price) and you will just have to pay the activation fee.