WePad => ipad competitor with brilliant specs and android

Discussion in 'Android Forum' started by MustangGT500, Mar 31, 2010.

1. MustangGT500

MustangGT500 DF News Team Premium Member

2. RoLa

RoLa New Member

YES!!!! I'M SO GETTING ONE:icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana:
    [​IMG]
  3. Moondonkey

Moondonkey New Member

That looks much more to my taste than the crapple one.
    They have to do something about these names of these things though, this one is no better than the Ipad lol

Ipad= Tampon
    WePad=Diaper
  4. RoLa

RoLa New Member

:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3: I Know,,so true!!!..If it were mine I would have named something Bad as$ like reaper or Deskit anything besides what they are:D
  5. Erron

Erron Developer Developer

problem is ive seem like 5 of these ipad competitors and have yet to see one that you can actually buy.
  6. givequicheachance

givequicheachance New Member

Looks great, though to be fair, if 680g wins over 800g, then the iTunes Store should win over Android market. Android market is getting there, but it's not on the level of apple's app store yet.

How about prices?
  7. MustangGT500

in my opinion android market is actually MUCH BETER as apple´s appstore :). we have 60% free apps. iphone users just 15%. not just the number of apps also the number of free apps is very important in my opinion. thats why i decided that both stores are on pair.
  8. givequicheachance

givequicheachance New Member

I agree that price does factor in, as does Android's awesome 24-hour refund policy (which I have taken advantage of quite a bit).

That said, even those don't account for the sheer volume of apps that Apple has. 60% of 20k is 12k. 15% of 100k is 15k. Apple still has more free apps, more paid apps, and more apps period. As much as I love my Droid and wouldn't trade it for an iphone, Apple's app store still whallops Android's when viewed objectively.
  9. amyk

amyk New Member

but when you count how many are worthless and/or repeats, how many does that leave you with.....and the biggest thing--look how old Android Market is to Apple market---a lot more time to come up with apps! (compare apples to apples duh dum dum, pun intended lol)
  10. MiXoLoGiSt

MiXoLoGiSt New Member

Dude 680g is the weight of the iPad and 800g is the Weight of the WePad so yes 680g wins over 800g in weight. As far as the apple app store goes yes it should win over Android Market because Apple has what 200,000 apps and android has what maybe 50,000?
  11. MiXoLoGiSt

MiXoLoGiSt New Member

Yes Android Market is still fairly new compared to Apple's App Store but in all reality Apple will stay ahead with this one because 50% of Apple's App Developers do not even want to mess with Android because of the many different versions of the OS. Yes there are a lot of repeats on Apple's App Store but Android Market has a lot of repeats as well. There is like 10 different home screen apps in the market right now. I love my Droid but when you look at it Apple's App Store takes the win.
  12. slohcinbocaj

slohcinbocaj New Member

How does a refund work? I purchased MissingSync the other day and realized that it wasn't working for me within the 24 hours, but didn't know about the refund policy. I sent an email to the company within the 24 hours asking for a refund but left the app installed in case they questioned my reasoning and so that I could reproduce the log files they might ask for. Does it automatically refund the $ when you uninstall the app? Now that I think about it, I still haven't paid for any apps from the market, the paid part of Missing Sync is the desktop application. Do the $ get added onto my cell bill for market purchases?
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2010
  13. MustangGT500

guys please back to topic now ! its about wepad not about the best market ! in my opinion the android market is as good as appstore. ITS NOT RELEVANT HOW MANY APPS. you can 200.000 apps and 150.000 are ****. so its not really important. the usuability of the market, the gui, the functions counts too. so pls btt :).
  14. danDroid

danDroid DF Administrator Staff Member

We have a new site in the works for all Android Tablet discussion. Please check it out @ Android Tablet Forum. We need some help getting it as popular as this place :)
  15. MustangGT500

hey cool many thanks for the infos dan ! i will take a look at it.
  16. gruve

gruve New Member

If the 120g difference really factors in, you have problems :)