Went to Verizon free class on Droid

nan2825

Reaction score
In your case no...I have actually gained a lot of knowledge from your posts in particular. Thanks from a noob!

Sent from my DROIDX

riotgirl626

Reaction score
I am really getting annoyed by the high percentage of posts on Droid forums by people and their perceived sense of superiority. Just because someone asks questions, is inquisitive or doesn't know as much as the majority of members here doesn't make them inferior or unintelligent by any means. I am starting to get the impression that this may be a members only club for those who possess a degree in arrogance with a minor in b.s.

Sent from my DROIDX

Thank you and very well put!

dfuser312553

Silver Member
Reaction score
^^ gimme back that knowledge! Did I say you can have it?! My goo! My precious goo!!!

nan2825

Reaction score
Oops. Bad manners. May I please benefit from your quite informative posts Poontab? Didn't mean to hijack your thread btw OP.

Sent from my DROIDX

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
No offense to any VZW employees on here but the problem with this type of class is normally the fact that the people teaching know very little except for what they've been scripted to teach... Think the 2-4hrs would be better spent on here or with one-on-one time with someone that actually knows the phone (again, I realize there are a few VZW that know their stuff, but the vast majority don't... these are the same people that tell new owns that the first thing they need to d/l is a task killer, and yes I've SEEN that happen in a store:icon_evil:).

mikey4226

Reaction score
No offense to any VZW employees on here but the problem with this type of class is normally the fact that the people teaching know very little except for what they've been scripted to teach... Think the 2-4hrs would be better spent on here or with one-on-one time with someone that actually knows the phone (again, I realize there are a few VZW that know their stuff, but the vast majority don't... these are the same people that tell new owns that the first thing they need to d/l is a task killer, and yes I've SEEN that happen in a store:icon_evil:).

That happened to me when I stopped in the store the other week! The customer service rep told me I needed to dl task killer and when I told her that I thought the OS was made so a task killer wasn't necessary, she said I was wrong and proceeded to install the task killer on my phone. Needless to say that got uninstalled as soon as I got home lol.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

bigbilly38

Reaction score
Two thoughts. I'm sure Verizon/Droid would be thrilled to see the message saying if you need a class you shouldn't own a DROID - NOT. I'm just adjusting from years of being a blackberry user so give me a break.

Where/how do you sign up for these classes. thank you.

bigbilly38

Reaction score
One of the main reasons I purchased the Droid X was the supposed long battery life. So far my BB Tour lasted a lot longer - is there a setting I need to change? Did I get a bum batter? Thanks for your help.