Went to the verizon store this morning ....

Reaction score
They do the rebates because so many people never send in the paperwork for them. You know that you should be able to take it to the bank and get it placed in your account or changed for cash right? Read the paperwork that comes with them. Personally, it would make selling the phones a ton easier if we could knock off that upfront cost, but thats not going to happen until more people send in for their rebates. As for people who dont spend it, I wonder if there is a clause that refunds that money to the "Rebate Fund".

mountaineerndixie

Reaction score
The interest alone for that money being in the bank and investments for just a week or two is mind boggling enough. Add to that all of the cards that aren't used and they make a ton.

Just another way for the buying public to get screwed. Requiring me to do the waiting and work for something I've already paid for.

~ Droid ~

mitchb2

Reaction score
My wife lost her phone during our trip this week. She walked into the local Verizon store this morning and walked out with a Droid X.

And a new monthly bill.

mountaineerndixie

Reaction score
If that rebare money did go to a fund instead of them being able to keep what's left, rebates would most likely be much more rare. Limit the interest allowed to be earned and they would disappear.

~ Droid ~

dolpns13

Reaction score
My wife lost her phone during our trip this week. She walked into the local Verizon store this morning and walked out with a Droid X.

And a new monthly bill.

Haha... Did that surprise you?

My wife and I walked into home depot last night for a Carbon Monoxide alarm only, we walked out with that and a new freakin 300.00 slider for the back yard (that I did not want).

modified

Reaction score
I checked out the X today as well. The Verizon store in the mall was deserted. There were 2 Droid X's and I was the only person in the store, except for the employees.

I also checked out the iPhone 4 on its opening launch day. Mac store had 4 people.

I'm starting to think I live in some jungle, but its urban NJ.

Meanwhile, The Hollister store was packed, the jeans were on sale..

Eddog4DROID

Reaction score
Most people don't realize that you can have the money on the card direct deposited to your bank account. Then use it to pay the phone bill.

IT does take about 4 extra steps, but it is a painless process. Wish they would just send a check.

dssdevl

Reaction score
They do the rebates because so many people never send in the paperwork for them. You know that you should be able to take it to the bank and get it placed in your account or changed for cash right? Read the paperwork that comes with them. Personally, it would make selling the phones a ton easier if we could knock off that upfront cost, but thats not going to happen until more people send in for their rebates. As for people who dont spend it, I wonder if there is a clause that refunds that money to the "Rebate Fund".

Actually, Visa gets that money. If you look at the fine print user agreement on the gift cards, it states that the funds pre-loaded to it must be used in like 2 years or the funds are forfeited.

They get away with this because they don't consider the money being yours, but that you "loaned" them the money until you use all the money on your card.

OP
E

ewells2420

Reaction score
I checked out the X today as well. The Verizon store in the mall was deserted. There were 2 Droid X's and I was the only person in the store, except for the employees.

I also checked out the iPhone 4 on its opening launch day. Mac store had 4 people.

I'm starting to think I live in some jungle, but its urban NJ.

Meanwhile, The Hollister store was packed, the jeans were on sale..

lulz you beat me to the joke. Bet yall cant keep them V necks in stock eh?

OP
E

ewells2420

Reaction score
Yeah I work at a help desk so I can spot bull**** from a mile away. Well when dealing with other customer service people anyway.

This order will processed within 24 hours - "**** off I dont want to deal with you"

I dont see your order in our system - "Im too lazy to actually look through the system longer than 2 minutes to find your order"

Giving you a blank stare while not saying anything - "Customer is dumber than a box of rocks. No seriously ...... youre stupid"

Lots of umms and ahhhs - "Holy **** I have NO idea what im doing. God I hope this person hangs up in frustration"

Well I went to my local store this morning and they had enough but refused to honor the "early upgrade" promotion. I told her there was a note on my account saying I was eligible and she said "nope, we don't do that" so I walked outside, called *611 and ordered one. I'll get it tomorrow and I skip the rebate card. I'll be taking my X into the same store tomorrow to get a case and show her that I was right. lol

awesome... make sure her manager is right next to her when you rub it in her face that she was wrong. I cant stand how 90% of the Verizon reps think they are gods gift to everything..lol.. Most of them arent even educated and speak ebonics (here in Jersey anyway), they have just been working in the business forever.

I would have ordered my droid online but I asnt due for an upgrade. How I got the early upgrade was I wnet in and complained how much of a POS my dare was, so they gave me the early upgrade - of which I had to pay an additional 20.00 for..

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
Got my X in the mail this morning, went and got a case but the rep that denied me wasn't there. lol

Loving this phone btw.