Went to my local VZW store - GUESS WHAT!

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
$200 sounds perfect this phone is not worth $300
(Neither is any phone out there btw.)

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

But you have to fork over the premium price to be able to utilize the beta 4G network!

doublea500

Reaction score
we arent going to get anything new from vzw stores anymore. they will all say friday most likely. Its not new, its good to hear though :D, ty for the info. but we just gotta wait 2-3 days, then i hope... HOPE, their will be an official release date.

mrmark27

Reaction score
fwiw, i was at a store by me last night to see if i could get any info. the rep i talked to said she didn't know a release date but just said it was hopefully coming out very soon. while i was wandering around, checking out the razr and rezound, i did overhear some reps talking about a training they had upcoming in the morning and another rep telling a customer that the nexus was coming soon and gushing over it, so i guess we'll see whatsup

doublea500

Reaction score
adding on to what i said before, i just called my vzw store to see if there will be any in stock the day after its released. he also confirmed the december 9th date to me... so yea

Hugg727

Reaction score
$200 sounds perfect this phone is not worth $300
(Neither is any phone out there btw.)

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

You must be a "youngin" and forget what it was like 10 years ago.

My friends and I were just reminiscing about the recent anniversary of 9/11 and we started talking about how much technology has changed. I worked in NYC at the time and still do.

These were the gadgets that I had with me everyday back then.

1) AT&T Nokia cell phone - would constantly drop calls in mid town Manhattan thus I went to VZW.
2) RIM Blackberry - Email only, no phone yet
3) Motorola 2 way pager - Great little device ...it was the only thing that still worked on that dreadful day, allowing me to tell my family I was OK
4) Apple iPod

The total for these items was well over the $300 that most of us spend today for ONE device that does all of this and plenty more.

I am actually surprised that the LTE phones didnt come out at $399 or higher. But then again all of the carriers are now getting us with the tiered data.

gthotie5

Reaction score
You must be a "youngin" and forget what it was like 10 years ago.

My friends and I were just reminiscing about the recent anniversary of 9/11 and we started talking about how much technology has changed. I worked in NYC at the time and still do.

These were the gadgets that I had with me everyday back then.

1) AT&T Nokia cell phone - would constantly drop calls in mid town Manhattan thus I went to VZW.
2) RIM Blackberry - Email only, no phone yet
3) Motorola 2 way pager - Great little device ...it was the only thing that still worked on that dreadful day, allowing me to tell my family I was OK
4) Apple iPod

The total for these items was well over the $300 that most of us spend today for ONE device that does all of this and plenty more.

I am actually surprised that the LTE phones didnt come out at $399 or higher. But then again all of the carriers are now getting us with the tiered data.

On the whole Prices thing your wrong, just because something is a certain way doesn't mean it should continue to be that way.
There are plenty of high end devices at $200 iphone4s Galaxy s2(4g) which perform equal or better than Verizon's current lineup. I get the whole LTE thing but imo the service should cost more and not the phone because your paying for faster better service not a faster better phone.

I guess i can see both sides of this actually but well just have to wait and see what att and Sprint do with their LTE.

I am young but i know business i could go on for ever lol

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
The thing that kills me is people whine about paying $200-$300 for a smartphone, yet they will easily drop the same amount on something like an ipod touch which ultimately has less functionality.

A couple of years ago, the LCD in these things would have cost more than the entire (subsidized) phone.

gthotie5

Reaction score
The thing that kills me is people whine about paying $200-$300 for a smartphone, yet they will easily drop the same amount on something like an ipod touch which ultimately has less functionality.

A couple of years ago, the LCD in these things would have cost more than the entire (subsidized) phone.

Who would do something like that???
if you can pay for your phone bill then why wouldn't you buy a smartphone over an ipod? :blink:

Not sure what point your trying to make.

ryguy5254

Reaction score
I called my local VW store trying to make an appointment. They asked me what for, I said to get a new phone. Then they said they only do appointments for troubleshooting.
Then I asked if there are any new phones coming out Friday. And he gave me a couple of answers along the lines of "we don't know whats going on with that. I don't have any information about anything. etc."
I asked what time they open on Friday, they said 1000, so thats were I'll be.