Went in to get a Droid X ...

nyijedi

Reaction score
HAHAHA yes, yes infact I am. Think about it, why would they turn out a messenger app that is so completely overshadowed by handcent? Why would there browser be second bested by dolphin browser (among others). Its on purpose, so that devs have something to develop. It seems silly, I know, but its true. In fact, the only thing that the phone is great at doing right outta the box is making phone calls. In this respect, you have no choice but to make a phone that is specific to the user. Sure, the stock apps let you do most of the core functions of the phone just fine; but to really get the phone to shine, you have to get on the market, you have to search, you have to try different things, and you have to fuel the fires of the android economy.

If the phone came with perfect everything right outta the box, then why would anyone change anything at all. That my friend, would lead to a stagnant economy...and that, would be silly.

Ah jeez. It's probably best I just avoid this argument.

mikeofmikes83

Reaction score
Name one app, out of the box, other than the dialer, that is worth using?

No argument needed, its just plain marketing strategy. They wont admit to it, but its obvious.

Last edited:

mrgoochio

Reaction score
there is no "iphone killer".

iphone has set the bar and made smartphones mainstream. it will forever be looked upon as the single device that made smartphones popular. Apple knows this which is why they changed up so much for iPhone 4 and aren't afraid of losing customers.

I hate the iPhone, i mean i really do, i would take Windows Mobile over it. The fact is that Apple has set the bar and there will never be an "iphone killer" because of all the bias we all have now. Each phone has their strengths, but there will never be a phone, at least to me, that will completely eliminate the iPhone and its fan base.

As for me, I see the future in Android and Google. They really came out the gates strong and the Droid X is definitely the phone i want to upgrade to. I have a broken AUX jack on my Droid and hopefully they'll let me replace it with Droid X.

Who is "they" when you are referring to fixing your phone? Asurion? Verizon? Please post more info on this, I just got my refurb droid from Asurion (my brand new <30 day old phone dropped in the toilet) and the headphone jack is defective on this refurb..