Went for a swim

xmguy

Reaction score
Those indicators are a real problem because they assume that if they have turned then the device has been drowned in liquid but in some cases their devices have been left around moisture,like a steamy bathroom while listening to music and trying to sing in the shower. There should be another way for the reps to check out a device to be sure it was actually water damage and not something else.

Leaving your device in a high moisture environment such as a steamy bathroom DOES cause moisture damage, so if the indicator turns in that case; it's just doing its job. Just because nothing is obviously wrong doesn't mean the exposure to moisture isn't silently doing damage.

There are devices meant for listening to music while singing in the shower, a Droid is not one of them.

Agreed. 10char

OP
T

TLCP21

Reaction score
Got a new Droid yesterday under warranty.

252chevyboyz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hello, sorry the phone went swimming and i have a vacation house on the coast and i naturally love the coast. I thought i would add a little trick i learned from old dumb phones when they use to go swimming with me while i was on the boat... i use to put the phones in a bag of white rice to where the whole phone was not visible and by the nature of rice being so dry that it sucks moisture out of the device. I also learned that salt water fries the connections of electric devices and as long as it went swimming in fresh water it was possible to dry it out and it work again. Not sure on how alcohol reacts with the electric connections but i hope this can help and i wish u good luck