Went "completely" back to stock with a few weird things

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by MK17, Apr 18, 2010.

1. MK17

MK17 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I recently went back to stock, so I could update to 2.1. (I used the youtube video below to do so.) When I did everything went exactly as said but I what I thought was weird is when it booted back up it kept my wall paper I had before and every app got removed except my BIC lighter app. I thought this was really funny considering I removed wiped the cache and did a factory reset.

Also, all my contacts were preserved viz Gmail, which is freaking awesome. +1 for google

2. MK17

MK17 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Now that I look at it, It seems that the Droid is redownloading all my old apps for me (they keep popping up). If so, wow, amazing work for google.

3. hedney3

hedney3 Premium Member Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +0
    thats not actually uncommon for the wallpaper to stay but the app not being unistalled a bit weird. i mean if you backed up settings to google than all your apps should re-install

4. MK17

MK17 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    They all didn't come back, but that's fine. I was prepared to install them all.

I am much happier with 2.1 unrooted now. It's so much faster than it was with my previous custom OC'ed ROM. I'm going to get everything set up perfectly... then start rooting with 2.1 :p Wireless tether makes rooting most definitely worth it.

5. hedney3

hedney3 Premium Member Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +0
    wireless tether is huge! also when you re-rooted check out redrumchaos, its insanely fast and smooth, best of luck