went back to stock.. and rooted again..

yummylishouz

Reaction score
ok SO after getting frustrated with all my issues on SC etc etc. i got the tar all in one package for DI01.. which from what it says, and what it looks like, brought me back to out of the box. after a day like that my phone is working normal again.. but i missed little things like changing font, etc. SO i used the superoneclick method of rooting. and it worked great! i get to keep my 2.1-update1 etc! only question is, what is exactly the difference between DI01 and EB01/16.. etc.. like is my phone not as fast? signal? what? or is the EB01, actually froyo?

TAPOUT27

Silver Member
Reaction score
ok SO after getting frustrated with all my issues on SC etc etc. i got the tar all in one package for DI01.. which from what it says, and what it looks like, brought me back to out of the box. after a day like that my phone is working normal again.. but i missed little things like changing font, etc. SO i used the superoneclick method of rooting. and it worked great! i get to keep my 2.1-update1 etc! only question is, what is exactly the difference between DI01 and EB01/16.. etc.. like is my phone not as fast? signal? what? or is the EB01, actually froyo?

DL01=Eclair 2.1
EB01=Froyo 2.2

Radios are updated in Froyo, Froyo is faster but you can run VooDoo with Eclair 2.1 which helps a little bit...

It's just an all around different experience and Eclair 2.1 is now outdated

OP
yummylishouz

yummylishouz

Reaction score
im just hesistant to go with a new rom again cause i had so many issues for all of last week. running all the versions of SC that were coming out.. i had serious data issues.. my phone would just stop receiving/sending calls texts and being able to use web.. so i went back stock and the issues were gone! im afraid to go froyo again till its official

Volones

Reaction score
While I can't comment on your data/call issues, I will say that I had problems with battery issues, and sleep/not sleep problems the first time I tried FroYo. I used SC 2.1 - 2.4, and just could not get it setup right. So, I went back to Eclair also, and enjoyed my phone as before. Much like you though, I missed the different font and unlock screens, so I did some more research and learned more before I tried again. I tried SC 2.8 yesterday, then flashed the modem separately in Odin to the EB01 modem, and everything is functioning exactly as it should.

I recomment trying SC 2.8, but make sure you update the modem also, as I think that will solve your data/call issues. Also be sure to clear the cache/davlik cache and do a factory reset/clear user data when upgrading. I did these three times each and made sure my battery was 100% before I even started.

OP
yummylishouz

yummylishouz

Reaction score
so i finally gave in and flashed the SC2.9 this morning.. now all of a sudden, having the data issues again!!!! this rom just HATES my phone!
UGH!!!!

millwood

Reaction score
Ate you wiping the data caches and davlik caches and all that?

millwood

Reaction score
Are you having problems before you restore your Apps? Or is it happening only after restoring apparel?

OP
yummylishouz

yummylishouz

Reaction score
i actually have to manually restore all my apps cause syncing with gmail doesnt do it for me.. i flashed SC at around 11am and i started having problems around 1:30/2

millwood

Reaction score
I know this is a pain, but can you restore back to stock and then reflash SC2.9. Don't restore any Apps and see if the problem comes back. It might be an issue with an APP causing problems. If you are having no problems then restore them one at a time to see which it is causing issues. Sorry there's isn't an easy solutions.

OP
yummylishouz

yummylishouz

Reaction score
well for now it seems to be working ok. and im at work so theres nothing i can really do until 12 anyway. so hopefully it will stay ok! if not.. 2.1 it is.. cause while i was on 2.1 and rooted i had NO problems!