Well, this sucks (ics .232 leak install issues)

WnC

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have an unrooted Droid Bionic and up until now, I had never done any kind of mods/hacks, etc.. My phone had been running a bit slower but ok lately. I had been having 4G connectivity issues which looks to be pretty common.

Yesterday I was reading these forums and decided to try and install a leaked ics .232 file by following the instructions on this post:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/mo...ing-sick-waiting-post2234192.html#post2234192

Everything worked fine and the mod got installed w/out issues - except it's pretty much the worst thing I've ever done to my phone.

I do like a lot of the new features - and the 4G connectivity is solid after a few reboots. Bluetooth pairing works way better now. But performance - oh man.. I barely just now got my Handcent SMS to work. It usually takes forever to load as does the stock texting app. First day it kept crashing and my phone kept rebooting itself. A lot of other apps get locked up.

My beloved Go Launcher is all but unusable. Keeps crashing whenever I try to use it for more than a minute

And perhaps, the biggest problem - my email. Took forever to even see my inbox but now when I open my emails, I am unable to see the body of the email at all - only the header - the sender and the subject. This is hotmail, btw. Gmail is working fine.

Wiping my cache, as was suggested in that thread, didn't help.

So what do you guys think I should do ? I would love to simply go back to what I had before yesterday, if at all doable. Can I ? Or is there another mod I should download ? Or maybe a simple factory reset if all else fails ?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Last edited:

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
i would try some of the custom roms out there .

OP
W

WnC

Reaction score
Definitely. I put the first URL in as it has a link for the .905 FXZ.

I will try it, thanks.

I take it I should use the same exact procedure to install that I did to install ICS - from your post ?

bbucks36

Reaction score
just out of curiosity did you do a full wipe prior to install of the .232 leak..as in did a factory reset and wiping everything so you have a fresh base to install .232

OP
W

WnC

Reaction score
just out of curiosity did you do a full wipe prior to install of the .232 leak..as in did a factory reset and wiping everything so you have a fresh base to install .232

No, I did not.. should I have ?

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sorry, my question wasn't clear.

What I meant was - for the .905 file that you pointed me to which i'm now downloading, should I use the same steps to install that I did yesterday for 2.32 ?

It won't be the same procedure. This is more "connected to computer."

OP
W

WnC

Reaction score
It won't be the same procedure. This is more "connected to computer."

OK. I am going to follow the instructions in the last link you posted, with RSDLite and .902 zip file. Keeping my fingers crossed

bbucks36

Reaction score
most likely yes.. starting a fresh copy is always good to do installing a update or a rom ... will fix any errors that might occur during install.. remember your making a jump from one OS to another...you also asked if theres a way back from ICS leak .. yes as long as you didnt install the ICS leak .235 or later... since you did use .232 your good..its also easy to do but more time consuming with more steps... ...[video=youtube;z8RTBFeMdso]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8RTBFeMdso[/video] video on how to ... and http://androidforums.com/motorola-d...links-help-you-ics-back-updated-8-4-12-a.html progams you need to do it..using this will completly wipe everything you have on your phone.. so as a procation back your sd card up and back up contacts..

Last edited:
OP
W

WnC

Reaction score
most likely yes.. starting a fresh copy is always good to do installing a update or a rom ... will fix any errors that might occur during install.. remember your making a jump from one OS to another...you also asked if theres a way back from ICS leak .. yes as long as you didnt install the ICS leak .235 or later... since you did use .232 your good..its also easy to do but more time consuming with more steps... ...[video=youtube;z8RTBFeMdso]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8RTBFeMdso[/video] video on how to ... and Some links to help you to ICS and back (updated 8/4/12) - Android Forums progams you need to do it..using this will completly wipe everything you have on your phone.. so as a procation back your sd card up and back up contacts..

Hey thanks !!!

I am actually in the process of doing this right now, as suggested earlier in the thread. It was funny watching the video as i was going through exact same steps as the guy was. The only issue i had at first is RSD Lite wouldn't recognize my phone, until i switched to USB media mode.

We'll see what happens. I didn't back it up (had already started when saw your post). My contacts are in gmail, so should be ok, and I doubt it'll wipe my SD card. Anyway, we'll see what happens

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
If you end up on .902, then just go in to Settings>About phone>System updates. That should pull the .905 update from the Motorola server and you'll be back to where you were (without the apps of course).

Last edited:
OP
W

WnC

Reaction score
If you end up on .902, then just go in to Settings>About phone>System updates. That should pull the .905 update from the Motorola server.

Yes, .902 worked, so now my phone looks like it did when I first got it. Currently re-downloading apps, etc...painstaking process

If I go to .905, won't I start having 4G connectivity issues again ?